Would Brandon Harris Transfer?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

What i don't understand is why is Harris having so much trouble learning the playbook and his responsibility on each play whether it be a called run or pass. He seems to be a bright young man, has a 3.6 GPA so I wouldn't think he's any dummy. I can understand his nervousness after being named the starter vs Auburn for a big time game on the road in front of a hostile crowd but that experience will ultimately make him the better for it.

Miles and Cameron have already dumbed down the playbook for Jennings so why can't they give Harris the same limited responsibilities yet take advantage of he better passing skills?

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

We were talking about smart QB's the other night during the LSU game, I brought up this one.......

As is the case for most incoming NFL rookies, Fitzpatrick took the Wonderlic Test. Fitzpatrick supposedly recorded a 50 on the test in nine minutes, signifying a perfect score. According to a The Wall Street Journal report that appeared in the September 30, 2005, edition, Fitzpatrick scored a 48 on the exam, not a 50—still considered an exceptionally high score, but the claim that he completed the test in nine minutes is accurate. While his actual score is unknown, he has acknowledged that he left at least one question blank. As the Wonderlic score is the number of correct answers to 50 questions, the best he could have scored would be a 49. To date, Fitzpatrick has the highest Wonderlic Test score ever achieved among NFL quarterbacks.

The only player to earn a verified perfect score on the Wonderlic test was also a Harvard graduate: wide receiver/punter Pat McInally, who played his entire career with the Cincinnati Bengals.

An what was the name of the Old Mrs kicker? Wunderlich.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Relevance please

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I noticed that when Fowler mentioned his name on Saturday. I have taken the Wonderlic test. Its so remarkably easy that its very surprising that a lot more players don't score a 50 or at least in the high 40's.

But the point of my post is that Harris not only has the physical tools but also the mental ability to learn his craft. After all its not just a hobby. He has been preparing for this for several years.

5. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

I think Harris is learning and progressing just fine. I don't see any cause for cocerned at this point.

red55 likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I've taken it as well, I had to take it for my current job, they didn't give me the score but apparently it was good enough to get the job.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I took it years ago but if you want to take it and see your score its online

http://samplewonderlictest.com/

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

[​IMG]

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Is that Sarah Palin with pancakes on her head?

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Intelligence isn't an overwhelming factor for a qb. It's more about nerves, focus, recognition, etc.. And every guy is different when it comes to development. Be patient, if Harris has what it takes to be great he'll get it one day & be able to use all of those physical tools at his disposal.

ParadiseiNC likes this.