Would Brandon Harris Transfer?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Oct 23, 2014.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The starter must get the most practice snaps, that is the way it has always worked.

You keep saying that incessantly, even though he has already been given a start and he failed badly. I know patience is not one of your virtues, but harris will get more chances. And when he does, I hope you can shut the fuck up about it.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If Brandon Harris transfers because he wasn't handed the starting position on a silver platter I would hope Val Kilmer would look at and him and say "you're no daisy". Seriously why would ANYONE want a qb that transfers after their freshman season because they couldn't win the job. That would speak volumes about the content of his character and I would say good riddance.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  3. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I get everything you have said on this issue. The thing is AJ has not done anything either to separate him as the clear starter which Les has him firmly planted as. Fact is, while maybe not having the grasp that AJ has, Harris looks around more for other options than Dural. He has lead the team to more TD's per opportunity. That should count for something.

Rouxleaux and Bengal B like this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Yes that is exactly the way it's supposed to workhe has to gameplan with his starter. which means Harris is not getting many snaps in practice so how can he get better.

As for his start you will have to remind me how much better ace Jennings did when he came in. pretty sure Harris is the only one to put points on the board in that game

Bengal B likes this.
  5. red55

He is getting snaps, just not so many with the first team. This is the way freshmen are brought along. They have to earn it. Harris will if he is as gifted as you imagine.

Well, he had a lot more time, didn't he? Jennings didn't scatter passes all over the field. Harris couldn't hit a barn in that game (Barn, get it?). He actually ran the wrong way on two plays. No excuse for not knowing the play you just called. No excuse for not knowing right from left. He ain't . . .ready . . . yet. Who knows how he does in practice, but if he was lighting it up, we would hear about it and Cameron would be playing him.

Richdog likes this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Keep making my point.

And I have no idea how good he might be. what I do know is Jennings is it getting any better

7. red55

Examples? Harris seems locked onto Dupre from what I've seen. Have you seen him go through progressions and hit a second or third receiver?

What is his TD per opportunity ratio? What is Jennings?

8. red55

Amigo, I am dismantling your point.

Based on what?

Richdog likes this.
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Guys, I am 100% sure Les Miles will make the correct decision at QB

furduknfish likes this.
  10. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Harris does look more for Dupre, I give you that. He still looks for Quinn, as well as Dural.

Harris has 6TDs/2INTs. While AJ has 7TDs/3INTs. Harris had a string of 9 consecutive series with a TD. No matter how it is spun, Harris should be getting more reps in practice and game time.

Bengal B and shane0911 like this.