Would Brandon Harris Transfer?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Oct 23, 2014.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I'm not sure what the argument here is about, both QB's look like shit. If Harris can't beat out Jennings as poor as he's looked then he doesn't deserve to start and probably wouldn't start anywhere else. If you can't win the starting QB job at LSU you probably aren't qualified to play the position anywhere in college. Hopefully both will improve and Les can pick between two qualified candidates next season instead of picking the lesser of two evils. But until one shows he can play the position what is there to debate?

LaSalleAve likes this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

If you say so and based on my eyes. Same qb we saw vs iowa.

Look I get the coach speak. The point is Harris will never get the chance you think he will.

Rouxleaux likes this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The bold part really sums it all up. Conversation over.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yea shame on a freshman for not startin!

5. LaSalleAve

If he can't beat out a guy who is playing terrible, kinda speaks volumes doesn't it.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Right so go with higher upside........ which is mostly the point. or at least give more shots to throw the ball........

7. shane0911

If he were given equal time/chances to do so then I would agree 100%

That is not happening. The kid had a terrible start. His 1st ever start on the road at a very hostile crowd as a true freshman. Cut him some slack.

Listen closely knuckleheads. He cant over take Jennings by getting garbage snaps in practice and mop up duty in the last 2 min of a game.

Let's see what sort of performance your super star Jennings turns in on Saturday.

8. LaSalleAve

A superstar would be able to.

Richdog likes this.
  9. shane0911

Well of course. Perhaps LSU should fucking recruit one. That's a tall order when you have a bull headed coach that loathes the forward pass.

Rouxleaux likes this.
  10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

^^This is really the point. Some blogger post the question of whether BHarris should transfer? That is ridiculous on many levels, especially as a QB, a leader. Poor baby couldn't win the starting job (or according to Shane isn't given the chance to) and now I'm going to quit this team and move on to some other team? That would be pathetic. He needs to keep his eye on the ball, hang in there, persevere through this season, and come in strong off of the bench, or in Spring ball, whenever he is being given the opportunity. That's what a leader does. Show the coaches who the better choice is, if he really is that. Now, if he felt, year after year, he was being overlooked, wasn't being given a fair shake, then I could understand transferring. But, you don't do that after one season, and one chance at starting. You have to earn it, esp. at the QB/leadership position, and part of earning it means getting through tough times.

LaSalleAve likes this.