Would Brandon Harris Transfer?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Oct 23, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Not the same, and let's not pretend Beckwith has been some phenom please. He got run the fuck over by Jeff Driskell.

red55 likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

That I agree with.

shane0911 likes this.
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

We said he was better than Welter and it showed. It was only a matter of time before he started. You all called us Miles haters ETC.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

But yet you don't feel the same about Harris.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Not the same

LSUpride123 likes this.
  6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Not really. I blasted Miles for leaving Jennings in as long as he did against NMS. However Harris hasn't done anything spectacular. In fact even though it was an open battle in the fall and he has received more snaps than most backups, he hasn't been able to pass a poor QB with almost as little experience as himself. Yes Harris should get more PT, but not because he has earned it. He should play more because the starter has sucked. Should Harris be starting? Probably not. Like I've said before the only thing I strongly disagree with is Miles leaving Jennings in far too long when he clearly wasn't going to get the job done.

LaSalleAve and shane0911 like this.
  7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

That would be correct.

Jennings is the perfect QB for Les' system. Don't turn it over, run the offense as he likes it (run heavy 70/30 split). Be a good boy. Jennings is his guy. Come hell or high water.

Les is still miffed at public sentiment pushing for Harris to start vs Auburn.

Bengal B likes this.
  8. islstl

No way Welter should have ever seen the field. Anybody who was at those practices going back to Spring ball of 2013 could not have missed how out of his league this kid was. I'm not even sure if he is of the caliber to start for UL-L, honestly.

Utter ridiculousness that has happened under Les' watch. That one tops them all for me.

Not sure how anyone could have any faith in him ever driving LSU to another special season.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

So Miles and now Chavis too, neither know what the fuck they are doing. I mean why torture yourselves and watch LSU football every week? It must be such a miserable thing to know 2 national championship coaches have no idea what they are doing when you guys do. You know for as slow and small as Welter is, I never saw him go 1 on 1 against a qb and get Steve Atwater'd like Driskell did to Beckwith.

StaceyO likes this.
  10. islstl

You ever seen Welter get dragged by some rather smallish running backs? It happened at least a dozen times during his stint as starter.

You're mentioning one incident regarding Beckwith. Not a shining moment for him obviously, but it will be a long long time before something like that ever happens again.