Would Brandon Harris Transfer?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Oct 23, 2014.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

That's because he was running the other way

tirk and islstl like this.
  2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Within 30 minutes of serious QB drills during spring ball, a decision by Les Miles and Cam Cameron should have been made to fast track Harris as de facto starter and give him as much of their time teaching (well Cam Cameron, that is). Not waste so much valuable time allowing these guys to compete. It wasn't like Jennings was in his 4th year at LSU and had all this knowledge that would help him succeed as starter. The kid could not call an audible to save his life right now. Read through his progressions? What the fuck is that? Never heard of it.

When you've gone through the ineptitude at QB during the JJ years, it's really quite fucking upsetting that we still can't get it right at QB.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  3. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Brandon Harris has until after spring practice to beat out Jennings. If there is not a clear cut separation, he could and maybe should transfer. AJ is a 4 year QB. He ain't going anywhere after his Jr year. Harris is not going to be a Matt Flynn QB playing mop up snaps for 3 years to get his shot.

If he transfers, he can have a shot at being a 2 year starter. Kid wants to play pro ball.

islstl likes this.
  4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Attached Files:

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Thank god Tiger Fan has some coaches in the waiting for when Miles leaves.

titoabad1 and LSUDad like this.
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Could have made money on the beckwith bet.

7. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

The thing is though, AJ has yet to prove that he is the clear cut better QB. I look at the consecutive TD's Harris lead. Plus the fact AJ has taken way more drives yet only has one TD more than Harris. Where is AJ the clear cut starter?

LSUDieHard likes this.
  8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I understand, but I think neither are quite ready for SEC-level competition. Jennings seems a bit steadier, so I'll go with Cameron's assessment of who he thinks gives us the best shot to win right now. Things could always change, they have changed twice already. Jennings had a bad game and got benched. Harris had a bad game and got benched. Jennings will have another bad game and Harris will get another shot. I don't see a better way for Les to let them compete except to reward winning.

Well, Jennings is 2-1 as a starter against SEC competition. Harris is 0-1.

The stats say that neither is ahead of the other yet. I am "pro" both quarterbacks. I just don't think Harris has yet demonstrated that he should be starting, or that Jennings is a "bad" quarterback as Nega and the Minions maintain. But I think Harris will get more chances to demonstrate this. And I certainly agree that he could be getting more snaps when we are up by three scores.

Winston1 likes this.
  9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Don't allow guys to compete? Put all your eggs in one basket? Annoint a true freshman after 30 minutes of spring practice? Geez. How do you expect anybody to take you seriously?

KyleK, titoabad1, Winston1 and 2 others like this.
  10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Okay, lets mark this post, and come back to it in the near future. Oh wait, if we do that, there really isn't any negative for you. You'll just change your stance and jump on whatever bandwagon that is convenient.
    If you look at just those stats you are quoting, then you may be right. But, the coaches feel after looking at both in practice and games over a long stretch of time that AJ is the best choice to run the offense right now. It doesn't mean he is the better passer, better runner, or better stat producer, it means he is the most likely to get them a win. That is the bottom line for them, I think. Also, while you make the points about AJ having more drives, etc, the flip is that much of BHarris' success was at the end of the MSU game where our ass was handed to us all game, it was not even close, and MSU was in prevent mode w/much substitution going on. Was he really that good? Iststl seems to think he should be anointed the starter based on that - he's a what have you done for me immediately guy. Kirk Cousins came in for the Redskins and seemed like the second coming of Namath for a week, then floundered. Numerous other examples of that, and the opposite, guys taking advantage of their opportunities. Hard to know based on MSU game what Harris will do game after game, but the coaches, who watch both everyday in practice, feel that AJ is the best to manage the game for them at this point. If Harris is as good as many of you think and believe, then it is just a matter of time before he actually beats out AJ.

KyleK and LaSalleAve like this.