Would we end up like Tennessee?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Attack Tiger, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

...if we got rid of Miles? Fulmer was pretty much in the same place that Miles is now. A few sub-10-win seasons and he was let go...since then there has been nothing but decline.

I know you can argue that the opposite happened with Auburn, but c'mon...Chizik is not that good of a coach. He just happened to win the Cam Newton lottery...similar to Urban Meyer winning the Tim Tebow lottery. Tebow is gone, now Urban is getting exposed a little bit. Newton will leave, probably this year, and the same will happen to Chizik.

And suppose we DID fire Miles, can we trust Alleva to hire somebody worthwhile? He's not a football man. And nothing about him or his demeanor or even his resume strikes me as a "winner". Miles was hired by Bertman - a guy that knew what it was to be a WINNER.

I just think we oughtta be careful what we wish for, no matter what side of the debate you are on.

2. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Miles isnt anywhere near where Fulmer was.

Fulmer lost the fans. They had thousands of empty seats. They were begging for season ticket sales. Alabama went to Neyland in 08 and took the stadium over. Fulmer had a line of convicts on his team a mile long. There was more.

3. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Okay, this is true, but it doesn't neccesarily change the aftermath. The post-Fulmer era is bleak, and it's obvious that he was the only thing that was keeping Tennessee running.

And as far as losing the fans...I'm sure you've heard the booing?

And your avatar is absolutely captivating...:thumb:

4. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Had Fulmer stayed it would have been just as bleak, maybe worse. Kiffin actually brought in a semi decent class his first year. Fulmers last 3 classes where disasters and Tenn is paying for it now. Their current junior and senior class has minimal talent which makes up a majority of their starting lineup. His firing was the correct move.

5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

We have much more fertile recruiting grounds than UT. Until that changes, we should always have a better program overall.

6. cywar1

cywar1 BIGG DOGG

Firing miles is not the immediate answer to LSUs problems...these problems can be easily fixed with a little house cleaning .. lets hope les gets it together during the offseason..and bring in a coaching staff that knows how to utilize its talent...this offense is the laughing stock of the SEC..it doesnt scare anybody..nobody respects this offense..why hasnt les given mccarthey a shot..he cant do any worse then what we see ever saturday...

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Tennessee's recruiting went to pot the last 2 years Fulmer was there and now you see what has transpired because of it.

Then you get jackleg Kiffin screwing you over for a year and now you're left with no coaching choices (Dooley could not have been high on their list).

LSU would be a much different story.

High profile coaches would love a chance to coach here.

8. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

"High profile coaches would love a chance to coach here"

Name One.....

And I am not starting an argument. I am curious who you honestly think would leave their current program to coach at LSU.
    Its an honest question and not meant to patronize.

I am really struggling to name 2 coaches we would be happy with that I honestly think would leave their program to come to LSU
    1. Patterson - TCU - He is not leaving. He loves it at TCU, is paid pretty well and his family loves living in Fort Worth. He isn't leaving... Trust me
    2. - Boise State Coach - Nope........ Wishful thinking.... He could leave but if he did for a PAC-10 school

Who else ?

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Sorry. Coaches always say they are happy where they are. And Coaches move all the time. Nobody thought that Nick wanted out at MSU either, but he did. Nobody thought he'd leave LSU, he said he was so happy here. Happy family means zippo.

Who says? LSU could double his salary, put him in the best recruiting state in the SEC, and with an undisputed chance at a BCS title. All he has to do is beat Bama, Auburn, Florida, Arkansas, and Ole Miss every year and occasionally Georgia and Tennessee.

10. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Petterson will not leave Boise St for any program or any amount of money.