Would we end up like Tennessee?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Attack Tiger, Nov 1, 2010.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

"Nobody thought that Nick wanted out at MSU either, but he did"

And I remember when LSU Hired Nick Saban and all of us were going "WHo is this guy, isnt that the guy LSU hammered with an average team in the Ind. Bowl"

I guess my point, last two coaches we hired were NOT high profile. Sorry Saban was NOT high profile when he got hired, I still remember the moaning with the fans. LSU made him a high profile coach.

So yes we could get some Mid Tier coach (Like Miles and Saban were) but they are not high profile.

So I ask again who are HIGH profile coaches (Not mid level program like MSU or Ok. State) who would jump at LSU.

2. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

It may not be as easy as some might think to get an established , high quality coach here. We may get an up and coming coach to take the risk of coaching here. A coach couldn't help but be pessimistic about the job when a coach that is 7-1 is on the hot seat like miles. Miles has a nc and a winning record at lsu. His record % is among the best in the country playing in the strongest conference. It would be hard to get a coach like Curtice from Utah to leave the success he's having to come to an enviroment where 7-1 isn't good enough to keep the fans from calling for your head. Miles deserves most of this ridicule because he is hc but I feel the real person at fault is crowton. If it's alleva that won't let crowton go then it's miles hands that's tied. You have to admit there isn't much tolerance for a coach at lsu not meeting the extreme expectations of the fans. Only a coach trying to prove himself may see the risk worth it.

1 person likes this.
  3. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

That is an impossible question to answer bro. The SEC is a different beast from the rest of college football. Many coaches want that challenge and LSU has a lot to offer within that conference.

4. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Okay, I get what you guys are saying. I guess I look at Tennessee and I'm almost sad for them. That was a top-notch program and now it's been reduced to the likes of Kentucky and Vandy.

I just don't think I could stomach it if that happened to LSU. Replacing a coach...especially a good (not great, mind you) coach is always risky business.

And what of Alleva? Anybody think he could actually hire a winner?

5. mudeh2o

mudeh2o Founding Member

Why haven't I heard the name of Coach Steve Spurrier? Doesn't south LA have enough golf courses to suit him?

:geaux: :lsup:

6. Attack Tiger

We only THINK we have QB problems...:hihi:

7. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Do you think it's alleva that has kept crowton and miles has to take the fall for this or has miles bought into the koolaid that crowton bull shizted him and he's at fault

8. Attack Tiger

Pelini is pretty much living his dream job, and Big Red's pockets are probably deeper than ours.

Muschamp is just waiting for Mack to get canned, and his wait is getting shorter and shorter.

Malzahn is not a high-profile coach. As I said before, Auburn won the Cam Newton lottery and he HAPPENS to be a perfect fit for his offense. He's only been in the college ranks for about five years TOTAL, and he didn't impress me all that much at Arkansas. He'd be an improvement over Crowton, but not Miles.

The others...maybe. Still kind of in the upper-mid level, though.

9. Attack Tiger

That's ONE of the million-dollar questions surrounding this team. We'll never know the truth.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Who says?