Would we end up like Tennessee?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Attack Tiger, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

We get a oc that runs a pro style offense and we will recruit great qb's. If we get an oc that has a track record of preparing qb's for the NFL or has NFL experience things will be fine. When a young qb makes a choice to play for a collage he is also thinking what gives him the best chance of being drafted. We don't need to get rid of miles. Kids love playing for him. Get an oc that qb recuits know will prepare them for the NFL and they will come. If Flynn was still here (someone like him) we would be undefeated and #1. Get the right oc and you get a great qb and with chief here to coach our d we would be where we all want this team to be.

2. Meathead

Meathead Founding Member

Joe Alleva was the AD at Duke for 10 years, during which times the school won numerous titles in multiple sports. The guy has worked with winners and knows how to pick them.

And to say that he is not a football man, but then say that Skip Bertman, a career baseball coach, was better suited at picking a football head coach, seems quite short sighted.

3. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

I wondered if someone would pick up on that one. But Skip is probably one of the greatest judges of talent that I have ever seen, and Alleva is still an unknown entity to me...thus the question.

I dunno, maybe I have the guy all wrong. I admit I was a huge fan of The Skipper...from the dugout to the desk. I was sad to see him go.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Joe Alleva is a douchenozzle.

1 person likes this.
  5. Meathead

Meathead Founding Member

Well, he has been our AD for over 2 years. Seems to me that he would be a known entity to all of us by now, and if he isn't, why not do some reading uo on the guy, not only over the last two years, but also on his background over the 10 years he served as AD at Duke.

The problem with LSU fans is that we are just like Alabama is with the Bear. If they are from outside of the "family" then we do not trust them & that leads to uneducated comments like this...

I don't know, maybe if people bitch & complain enough, we can get Alleva to leave & Herb Vincent or Verge Ausberry can take over so LSU fans will once again be happy that the job is held by the family.

6. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

That'd be Florida. Louisiana is on the same level as Georgia, just a step below FL.

I'd love Patterson here, should anything happen to Miles, but for now the topic is pointless because Miles has done nothing to deserve even considering replacing him at this time.

7. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

I wholehearedly agree. I never meant for this to turn into another "who will replace Miles" thread. I just thought that some consideration should be made that a change might NOT be a good thing, despite what some people believe.

8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Seeing as how a new HC more than likely comes in and cleans house on both sides of the ball could spell disaster for the defensive side of the ball and program in general... however how much worse could the offense get? Getting rid of Miles is not the answer at this point in time... but if something is not done about the offensive staff... and recruiting takes a dive... then yup the times come. We'll just have to wait and see what happens after the bowl, and hopefully the proper adjustments are made. I doubt Miles wants to lose his job, and he hears the rumbles. Take it to the bank he knows something has to give, the question is will he do what is needed for the betterment of the program?

9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

We haven't always had our pick of La talent. Nebraska, Miami, Alabama, Florida State, and many others have had La players as cornerstones of great teams.