Would You Embrace Les Miles again if.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Nov 22, 2009.

?

POLL:What would Les Miles have to do to regain your trust/respect?

1. Win the SEC West next year

27 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Win the SEC next year

20 vote(s)
    20.2%
  3. Win another BCS National Championship next year

6 vote(s)
    6.1%
  4. He will never regain my trust/respect

23 vote(s)
    23.2%
  5. I will support Coach Les Miles no matter what

23 vote(s)
    23.2%
  1. LSU Engineer

LSU Engineer Unnamed Source

You have to punt at least make Manning execute a 70-80 yard drive instead of a 30 yard. You think LSU fans would be saying the same things like "calculated risk" if Les had done the same exact thing. I think the backlash would have been just as bad for that call as what is going on now calling Les a moron. I understand being angry as was I yesterday, my TV was almost thrown through the window. But I see people stating that they wouldn't send their kids to LSU because of Miles and 20+ Fire Les Miles threads on all the LSU fan sites. What kind of fans are on this board and in general now? It sounds like all we have are a bunch of T-shirt fans. When I was growing up kids in my neighborhood were all a bunch of Florida State fans and had all kinds of FSU gear. Now these same people are wearing LSU gear with no FSU gear to be found. I have always been an LSU fan through thick and thin and now that things have gotten a little rough all the fans do is bad mouth and insult our own coach. Recruiting is not hurt by a bad call at the end of the game it is by all the fans booing at games and the ridiculous number of Fire Les Miles threads on every LSU board out there. I think that we the fanbase need to move and get to complaining about the uniforms that will be unveiled tomorrow.

2. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Bill Belicheck had a reason he did what he did, it didn't work, there is alot
    of difference when you are totally clueless as to what is happening at the end of the game. NO COMPARISON in these two events except to point out had BB succeeded what would we be saying??? The scary part about Miles, this was not his first rodeo. It is not a secret he can not manage the last few minutes of a game. Getting lucky against Auburn was just that, imagine the impact of this event had the Auburn game been a loss.:geaux:

3. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Where was the "if he got a lobotomy" option?

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I will start with I voted "never". I say that because he never had it. I have always thought this guy was like Inspector Cluseau, sort of stumbles around until the killer lands in his lap. I've seen this guy for a lot longer than many of you even knew who he was. I'm not saying he won't win. I have however always been in the "they win in spite of him" camp and with the debacle that was ole miss you couldn't run me out of that camp with a hand grenade. This guy is a tool and he will eventually run our program into the ground if we don't get rid of him. Oh how I would love to see what Mike "the mad scientist" Leach could do with this offense. Bottom line, there is no excuse for a coach that makes 4 mil a year to a)make such dumbass decisions b) blame it on anyone but himself c) have a proven track record of not being able to manage a clock.

Putting this to a "what will it take" type of question IMO is just eyewash. Lets be honest with each other, what do we think of Oscar Meyer over at UF? We think he is trash, scum, a no-good SOB. But he wins? He wins a lot in fact. Would he have your respect if he was our coach? He wouldn't have mine. It may be apples to oranges but.... I'll give you an example. After the bama game I was listening to the CLM show on Wed. A caller asked why they keep running the option when it hasn't worked all year. CLM replied that they ran it 4 times against bama with gains of 7,9, 12, and some other number of yards. I damned near ran my truck into the ditch. What effing game was he watching? If you added up all the option plays we have ran for the entire year it would barely add up to 12 yards. The guy is full of himself and even more full of crap. Just my .02

1 person likes this.
  5. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

The only thing Ive wanted to see all year was simple improvement. I can accept a loss to a better team, but I cant accept a team thats regressing. LSU has far too much talent to struggle against the mediocre teams weve struggled against this year. LSU is only a step up from the struggles of Iowa. Only difference is they dont have near the talent we do, they are coached up. We arent. LSU was outcoached in EVERY freakin game outside of the Auburn and Tulane games. When they actually let JJ go out and attempt to make plays.

For me, I just want improvement. I want to see a team with focus. A team that doesnt have 4-5 false starts every game. A team that doesnt have a few delay of game penalties each game. A team that has the right personnel. Getting the ball to play makers. Calling plays that fit the players. IE quit making JJ try to be an option QB, when he isnt is a prime example. LSU has BCS talent but plays like a mid level team. The fact is this meltdown has happened TWO years in a row. At some point you have to question Miles. I voted win the SEC W out of the choices.

Add to that the serious cop out of passing the buck. Its one thing when you have a cry baby, diva like TO passing the buck. You expect that from players, but not a coach. I liked Miles the man and everything it appeared he stood for. That was the biggest reason I would give him a chance to redeem himself. Now that is gone after this. Ive lost all respect for him as a man as well. The purple and gold patrol can paint any picture they want, he is clearly giving the spike it signal. Add to that the numerous other times Miles has had extremely poor clock management as proof.

Id love to be proven wrong but I dont see LSU being an elite school as long as Miles is here. We will go back to a middle tier team at best. Nothing wrong with finishing in the top 15-25 when thats your talent level. When you have top 10 talent, then it becomes a problem. LSU has top 10 or championship talent. The kids just have to be coached up. Right now LSU is playing like its coach, aloof.

Im a frequent poster at a MMA board as well. There is a college football thread with quite a few memebers who are big time college fans. LSU was the laughing stock last night of the board. Well, Miles, not LSU. Everyone said its sad how hard the kids played only to be failed by coaching.

6. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

He has not lost my respect. He made the right moves to get us in position to win. Then screwed up. It happens get over it.

7. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

My trust or respect for Miles is not diminished because of one game. However, I am concerned about the direction the offense is headed in, and if that does not change next year I will start to get concerned.

8. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

He's still my coach now. I'd love some hardware next year. Maybe even a new OC. If he does either or both I'll be satisfied.

9. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Kind of misleading with the answers given.

I will never wish the team to lose because of a coach.

10. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

the alarm clock is ringing by all means roll over and goback to sleep :dis: