Would You Embrace Les Miles again if.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Nov 22, 2009.

?

POLL:What would Les Miles have to do to regain your trust/respect?

1. Win the SEC West next year

27 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Win the SEC next year

20 vote(s)
    20.2%
  3. Win another BCS National Championship next year

6 vote(s)
    6.1%
  4. He will never regain my trust/respect

23 vote(s)
    23.2%
  5. I will support Coach Les Miles no matter what

23 vote(s)
    23.2%
  1. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

I like Les personally, but I saw a chink in his "armor of integrity" with the whole Benton/Randle dustup. I did not like how any of that played out.

It would appear in this case, he is not taking responsibility and that is always the wrong move. I have seen the video and admit he could just as easily have been exclaiming that TT was down and the clock should stop. Doesn't really matter. As the head coach, he has to take this team on his shoulders and lead. From what I have seen after this game, he is not doing that.

Maybe he can fix it. Maybe he will.

I can only hope.

1 person likes this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I'd like to see Miles fired. We've bumbled through Miles entire tenure (even to a NC which made me doubt my dissatisfaction with Miles for a year), not just this final second epic fail at Ole Miss (hell, Nutt couldn't believe how batsht insane that was). Miles is not producing top caliber football and he never will. That we have fallen so far to believe that the defense we're playing is great this year is telling. We've supposedly been recruiting with the best of them, but I hear excuses that we don't have the talent of Florida or Alabama. Huh?

Until Miles leaves we will be an also ran. We aren't a contender anymore.

That said, his contract is probably too high to send him packing so I imagine we'll be bumbling for a while more.

3. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Les will have to win an SEC title with Jordan Jefferson at QB. JJ can only be "young" for so long. He hurt himself by setting the bar so high his first 3 years at LSU. SEC title the next two years or bust. This is LSU. We don't settle for 3rd place in the west annually like Auburn or Arky :geaux:

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

He must at least win the SEC West next year. That's my bottom line.

But there probably should have been an option on the poll of "I never HAVE respected Les Miles." We know that plenty of LSU fans are in this demographic, so it makes the poll a little less valid without it as an option.

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Just curious. How old are you?

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Whether or not I embrace him has little to do with next year's record. It has everything to do with how he handles this off-season. Some changes to his staff must be made. Changes that promote fan approval and are well-received. As in don't dismiss Crowton only to promote someone else on the staff to the position.

As for next year, I simply hope to see a team that clicks and is in sync. One that is not confused. And a coaching staff on the sidelines that does the same.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i don't know i think i have been lost. i won't cheer for the demise of Les Miles, i won't ask for his termination, i will continue to cheer just as hard for my Tigers as i always have, but i will not defend our head coach anymore, and i will not be sad when he goes, if its at the end of next season, or sometime in the future.

8. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I have to admit Stacey youre one of my favorite posters. Youre always respectful even when you disagree with someone unlike many here. Also you keep an even keel, making good points. Thats a great question whether or not Miles was ever even respected.

Im not at all trying to kick dirt on him, but lets be honest here. Miles was pretty much the last in line as far as candidates go. Petrino, RR, and Davis were all the first choicses to begin with. Ive respected Miles and always thought he was a solid coach, but I never thought he was near the top coaches. Miles is a middle of the road coach. I think all the coaching changes has had a huge effect on him. The team isnt at all being coached up like in previous seasons. Ive said it before, Miles isnt the same coach he was since the title. To make up for his coaching, he had that iron will. That total confidence in his team. Plus his integrity and love for his team brought out the best effort from his players. Right now I dont see any of that. I dont see the confidence in his players, look at the predictable play calling when JJ is in at QB. Miles doesnt take any chances at all anymore. Then look at how he handled sat night, passing the blame.

With the situation sat night. Lets give him the benefit of the doubt that he was saying TT was down. Fact is he should have had another play called already or the FG unit ready. In the confusion of the game EVEN if he was saying he was down its easy to see clock it. The clock was stopped quick, so I dont buy that scenario. Also Miles should have called the TO quicker in after the previous play.

9. billman1167

billman1167 He who knows best knows how little he knows "TJ"

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

full and clear apology for the game management and post game interviews.

some sort of staff restructuring that takes game-clock management out of his hands. (my vote is that this role always goes to the third string qb, especially if he is a walkon.)