Would You Embrace Les Miles again if.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Nov 22, 2009.

?

POLL:What would Les Miles have to do to regain your trust/respect?

1. Win the SEC West next year

27 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Win the SEC next year

20 vote(s)
    20.2%
  3. Win another BCS National Championship next year

6 vote(s)
    6.1%
  4. He will never regain my trust/respect

23 vote(s)
    23.2%
  5. I will support Coach Les Miles no matter what

23 vote(s)
    23.2%
  1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I wanted to post in this tread sooner but I had to collect my thoughts as I find this to be an interesting question. Miles actually did lose me for the first time on Saturday. I will no longer support him and didn't think there was anything he could do to regain that support. However, I have come up with a solution. If he tasks someone with game management or hires a new person to handle game management in the future, then I will accept that he has a weakness, knows his weakness and has worked to fix it. I actually would respect him tremendously if he did this. Here's to hoping.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Exactly what I said he needs to do. Hire a guy who can tell time.
    Also what is the 1:15 presser about?

3. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Is it a full-on press conference or is it just the normal presser that CLM holds on Mondays?

4. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

That i dont know, just got a text from a friend in Baton Rouge about a 1:15 presser.
    Also, thanks for the correction on that quote, I knew what he was referring to, just didnt know how to spell it.:hihi:

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

:lol: Fo real.

6. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

He's our Head Coach. He has my support.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

7. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

He made a bone-headed mistake in the heat of the moment. So what? Miles is still the head coach here at LSU and will be given the opportunity to make good of his mistakes. That being the case, I'm behind him 100%.. Besides.. The horrendous play calling that has plagued us all year is what got us in that close of a game in the first place...It's bigger than that one mistake. Of course, it's always easier to remember the last bad thing that happened.

Next season, none of this will matter.

Geaux Tigers, beat the piggies!

1 person likes this.
  8. louhog318

louhog318 Freshman

as a coach, i never have and never will trust him. every person is blessed with a finite amount of talent in different areas. for example, i could train and practice all day everyday. i would become a better athlete, but i'll never have a realistic shot at playing in the nfl. the same thing applies to miles. its possible that he'll become a better coach, but he'll never be among the elite coaches in college. i would LOVE to be wrong about him, but the more big games he coaches, the more he exposes himself. lsu is at the point where we dont have to settle for mediocrity.

9. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

I've lost some faith in CLM being able to make our team better. Winning the West next year would bring some if not all of my faith back.

10. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I embrace Miles as head coach.

As far as him denying he was calling for the ball to be spiked...which one of us hasn't tried to spin an explanation about our own shortcomings or exaggerated our work experience on our resume?

Miles probably has better character than most of us. He'll get the team to rally around the coaching staff...no doubt. :tigereye:.