Would You Embrace Les Miles again if.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Nov 22, 2009.

?

POLL:What would Les Miles have to do to regain your trust/respect?

1. Win the SEC West next year

27 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Win the SEC next year

20 vote(s)
    20.2%
  3. Win another BCS National Championship next year

6 vote(s)
    6.1%
  4. He will never regain my trust/respect

23 vote(s)
    23.2%
  5. I will support Coach Les Miles no matter what

23 vote(s)
    23.2%
  1. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

I hear this disclaimer often from people. I always know it isn't true.

2. louhog318

louhog318 Freshman

im not gonna lie about it, it's really not that big of a deal. i just want a coach that will maximize the potential of the team.

3. roygu

roygu Founding Member

He hasn't had my respect as a coach. He has been making boneheaded calls since day one. The only difference, this one cost us the game and was on National TV for the world to see. PLus it was after a terrible season last year and a shakey one this year. Many fans knew the situation and were waiting for an excuse to turn on him. I doubt he can hire competent assistants after this fiasco.

4. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

I wouldn't embrace him, but I would love to pop him in the nose. Can we do a write in?

1 person likes this.
  5. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

I voted win the west. I'd rather have voted "if the team plays up to its potential", if it were an option.
    I won't trust him anymore with clock management. He needs help there, and thats just a shame, really.
    Just one dominating win would help a lot. This weekend would be nice...

6. valve

valve Veteran Member

I have not believed in CLM since he started. The only thing that helped me accept him was that he was not as bad of a coach that we had already experienced, I thought. He has been blessed with a great bunch of talented players that wanted to come to LSU because of the support and chance to learn and of course the exposure for the future NFL. These talented players will go to some other school if our coaches do not prove that they can teach them to develop their talent. When our recruitment drops we will really see what kind of coach he is when he doesn't have the talent to save him.
    I have read hear that Crowton is to blame for the offense calls, I thought that Les Miles was the head coach. It is up to him to teach not only the players but his staff.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Which is why "he never had my support" needed to be an option.

8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I think most of us have said all that we need to say in regards to the OM debacle. Miles has said all he needs to say about it, and he and this team are now concentrating on the Piggies. Many on here and other boards have either used this incident to solidify their dislike for Miles, many jumped the gun based on bias reporting, some were confused by his actions but still wanted to support him, some are still very disappointed by his game management but believed in his integrity; whichever boat you were on at this point is in the past. Like CLM and his team the focus needs to be on Ark and the support needs to be there for them. The team has had their say in regards to CLM's apology, and it appears they are still very much with him. His actions speak louder than words, and his team hopefully will ralley around that.

We still have the opportunity to finish this season with a respectable record of 10-3, and by any fans standards that is acceptable. Yes, it is difficult to swallow some of our L's, but the reality is our record is pretty much what most thought it would be. Unlike last year it is apparent this team has not quit, which is a major positive. The fight that has always been the spirit of the Tigers, seems to still be there. Hopefully we will see this fight till the finish.

I wish that I could be there for this last home game of the season, this Seniors Day Game, this redemption against the Piggies, but I cannot, so I ask for those of you that are able to go that you give just a little bit more encouragement to our Tigers, our Players, and our Coaches for those of us who cannot go. A lil bit more cheering for our seniors on their way out, a lil bit more support for the Tigers that we all Love. :geaux: :LSU231: :milesmic:

1 person likes this.
  9. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

Agreed. If there weren't bonehead decisions throughout the last two seasons, on top of the INCREDIBLY inconsistent play, my bottom line might have been a little bit more flexible. But you have to earn my trust back. I don't expect LSU to win it all every year, but I expect us to compete and NOT give games away like OM. I expect hard-fought games, like UF and Bama. Those losses don't bother me like stinking, awful ole gross.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

not to mention take a step back and look at how next season stacks up in the SEC. Alabama will still be a force, Florida is losing alot, LSU is getting alot back. We have the team to contend for the SEC championship, and the national championship.