Would you have wanted Spurrier over Miles?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DocBrooks, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I also have Butch Davis on speed dial. :lol:

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

At the point when LSU was looking for a coach, of course I would have preferred Spurrier over Miles. Anyone who would says otherwise is either 1)stupid or 2)a okie state fan.

Looking back at the job Miles did here in his first season, over a year removed form the hiring process, I'd say it was a fine hire and would have a tough time deciding between Miles and Spurrier now.

3. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

This question is about the same as asking if you would rather have a Yugo or a Ferrari.

I would have the same answer to this question if it were Saban/Spurrier, Miles /Spurrier, or just about anybody/Spurrier.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

One of the jabs against Spurrier was that despite how great his teams were, he was only able to win one national championship.

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Yes there is - the media loves him. He won one game more than they won last year. And I think two of those wins (Tenn & Florida) were more due to the mistique surrounding him than due to talent or coaching.

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

So, I guess there is no need for me to answer the question.:hihi:

7. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

yea SOS only kicked off like 15 of his most talented players and still improved USC. yea he sucks. lol

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Never said sucks - just that he didn't do as great of a job as people pretend. He kicked off thugs, players that would have brought the team down if they had stuck around not matter how talented they were.

9. MEW4thTiger

MEW4thTiger Founding Member

C-Parson, I normally agree w/ you about 99% of the time.......but come on.....it's USC and he did a great job last season. And they needed a Coach like Spurrier, because I don't think South Carolina believed they could beat any of the top tier SEC teams. I just don't think they had or knew what a winning mentality was. I think we all know that one day getting an easy W when we play USC will be as easy as it has in the past.....and the SEC will be better for it.

Having said that.....I have often salivated over the thought of Spurrier running our offense with the weapons we have. I don't know that we've ever had so many weapons on offense. With Spurrier coaching our top recruiting classes over the past years, I don't see how we aren't the leading offense in the nation. And every time I say that it doesn't sit well as I learned to HATE gator football while he was the head coach. And I still to this day hate the gators more than any other SEC team. F*** Florida even has a nice ring to it especilly when my wife says it (and LOL she was saying it before we even met). Again, having said that the answer is Hell yes I want him. He's an offensive College Football genius.

I was very hard, as were most of you after the UofT game. I believe w/ Spurrier there is noway we lose that game. However after the as...errrr whopping we put on the U, I was very proud of Miles and our Tigers. I'm always proud of them.....I just couldn't get how our defense was played in the second half of that game, and it scared me. Ok I'm digressing.

Anyways having spurrier run our offense -- with the ultra talented QB's and thoroughbreds we have at WR not to mention Addai out of the backfield.......my god it's almost Hedonistic.

10. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I don't want 60-45 shootouts. Saban over Spurrier...big time.

Now whoever was in charge and hired Mike Archer instead of Spurrier.... I hate you! :D