Would you have wanted Spurrier over Miles?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DocBrooks, Apr 5, 2006.

1. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Geez, where the heck was I when this topic started? Dang, I feel as though I came to the dinner table late, left with just scraps!

Anyway, at the time of the hire, I would have prefered Spurrier simply because he's... Spurrier. For him to take that Crappy (with a capitol 'C') USC team and have the year he had with them, is impressive to me.

Another thing: How long will everyone ride on the bandwagon of Miles? Don't get me wrong. I like what he did this past season, but c'mon, with all that he had at the helm, I would expect nothing less than what he did. I think this season had a lot to do with the heart of the team.

Hallman went 4-7 before Dinardo showed up. Dinardo went 7-4-1 his first year, and then he went a nice 10-2 his second year and 9-3 his third year, but it wasn't until his 4th and 5th that people jumped off the 'Dinardeaux' bandwagon, remember? I hope not, but miles could now be enjoying the fruits of Saban's labor. In my opinion, He WILL NOT BE PROVEN until he is in his 3rd season or so.

Since Missagain will be calling for Les in the next couple of years, we'll be looking again for another coach. For LSU's next coach, I want to see us hire a defensive-minded beast. Someone like Saban. I'd rather win the championship based on great D (like we did) and an efficient offense, rather than the other way around (i.e. Texas and USC).

Besides, with all the injuries in training camp, I wonder what Miles is doing to them? Hmmmmmmmmmmm... (that's a joke.)

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

They've been riding for a couple months now - ever since the Peach Bowl. It aggravates me. Many of these same fans thought Miles was an idiot all year, was only winning because of Saban etc and after one game suddenly the man is a great coach and will have success at LSU.

3. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Exactly... I never was a fan at first or after. I questioned the decision at first, but figured, "Well, they made their choice. Now, we just have to sit and wait, hoping for the best." To be honest, my heart sank when I heard it was Miles. I watched a few OSU games, and although they had talented RBs and RaShon Woods, I was't entirely impressed.

I hope he becomes our next Saban or the next Spurrier, but I just don't see it happening. I will give him a couple more years to determine how 'good' he really is.

If anything, I have more of a problem with Dumbo Fisher...

4. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Have no idea how old you are, but Charlie McClendon would have loved you!:)

5. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I hate florida and anything assoociated with it like SPurt ier

I am also on the MILES bandwagon..:thumb: .. :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige

6. MEW4thTiger

MEW4thTiger Founding Member

7. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Spurrier over Miles? Why yes, of course.

That's not a slam on Les, it's just a fact: who in their right mind would have taken Spurrier over Miles, if both were available and interested in the job at the same time?

But, Fate is what it is...I'm down with Les, as he's wearing my school's hat on the sidelines (albeit a pretty ugly looking one, natch).

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

How much sleep did you lose thinking up this gem? Lighten up, dude. Life's too short not make light of your own insignificant mistakes.

9. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

fixed.

Didn't know you felt that way about 60 year old guys!

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Agree with most here. Spurrier over Miles at the time. Now we have Miles, he had a first season that left me with mixed emotions, but he's our guy and I'll stick with him over Spurrier, especially considering StaceyO's comment - Miles will be here for the long haul; Spurrier, not so much. I'm interested to see what Miles will do these next few seasons, I think he can be successful here if he catches a few breaks. I was bashing on Fisher most of last year, but after the Miami Peach Bowl, I can only give him respect. I wonder if he works better with mobile QBs...