Would you start Mestepey this Friday?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by pensacola, May 2, 2005.

?

Would you start Mestepey Friday?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    44.7%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    55.3%
  1. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

I think he should start, and hopefully get the W against Ky to regain confidence. I don't think LSU can go anywhere in postseason unless he gets back.

2. Seabriscut

Seabriscut Founding Member

I would vote yes, but I can't vote. But at least my voice has been heard!

3. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Why start him?! It's WAY too late in the season to take a gamble and continue starting Lane. I want him to go out on a good streak just like anyone else, but it is glaringly obvious that he is having problems that will be tough to fix. This late in the season, we need to start building English up to be able to have the confidence needed to compete. LSU has 3-4 pitchers that could start and pitch well enough to win. The problem is our closers. They all need to do some soul-searching and get well. How we could have used Bonura had he not had surgery. Everyone keeps talking about our pitching, but it will come down to our offense. If we get into a regional with a team with a few pesky junk-ball pitchers, we'll not make it past the regional if our offense donesn't get better. 1-0, 2-1 type games will earn you nothing but a wasted pitcher's gem.

4. batman2

batman2 Founding Member

I would give him one more Friday start. Agaist a very bad Kentucky team, this weekend is a good chance for him to get back on track. Hopefully the Tigers can come away with a sweep. :geauxtige

5. clair

clair Rockets

We have been saying "one more start" for months now

The guy is getting popped week after week!

This next series is one we can sweep!

Don't blow the 1st game pitching a meat-baller...

If you do pitch him, have the shortest hook possible

6. Soap

Soap Founding Member

I would replace Lane with Meier and see if he can be reliable, because at this point in the season you need to have 3 dependable starters going into post season. You can possibly get by in the regionals with 2 good starters but not in omaho.

7. batman2

batman2 Founding Member

I'm with you on the short hook approach. I think this is it. If he can't get it done then its time to move on with someone else and give them a shot.LSU! :lsup: LSU! :lsup: LSU! :lsup: LSU! :lsup: :tigbas:

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Like it or not, he is starting on Friday night. Personally, I would not start him for at least one week. He needs to at the very least sit a week and settle down imo. But, we'll see how he does on the mound Friday night nonetheless.

I'd have someone warming up in the bullpen starting with the first pitch tho! :thumb:

9. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

I agree. Or put him as the Sunday starter and move Smith to Friday.

10. STRIPES

STRIPES Founding Member

I respect Lane Mestepey but......

It is time to give the Friday night start to someone else. I would start
    English on Friday and leave the rest of the SEC rotation alone. jumbling the starters who are used to starting on Saturday and Sunday is over-reacting.

It is obvious that Lane Mestepey isn't healthy and it is now at the point in the season where every win is extremely important and LSU needs to find a reliable pitcher for the rotation before the Regionals start. The last thing
    LSU should do is screw around and go into the post season with an unsettled
    pitching rotation.

It's unfortunate for Mestepey but LSU as a team needs to find another pitcher who can help the team win.