Would you take Lloreda back???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by gumborue, Mar 9, 2004.

1. inNickwetrust

inNickwetrust Founding Member

lloreda should have been kicked off the team after punching HIS OWN TEAM MATE IN PRACTICE! and all he got was a three game suspension, come on, i wouldnt take jaimie back because he basically quit for the benefit of himself (which i cant blame him for that, isnt he from panama?) and i dont think the players would accept him back after their leader left when the going got tough

2. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

We need guards and small forwards who can create off the dribble and hit open jumpers. If Hudson would wake up and join Mitchell by scoring 15-20 a game to compliment Bass inside, this team can beat alot of people. But, if he continues to struggle, the Tigers will not win another game. Hudson holds the key to the this season now.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

most in jc are simply because of grades not lesser talent. always been that way, maybe always will.

however, jaime should never be accepted back for quitting and that is what he did. not near hurt enough to quit much less not sit on the bench in support of what was his team. good riddance.

4. luckydog602

luckydog602 Founding Member

Lloreda = SELL OUT!!!, go play with your agent, It's in my opinion that Brady needs to start recruiting more dedicated players. I'm tired of hearing everyyear of players quitting the team.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I'm not sure exactly what happened when Lloreda threw the punch so I cannot comment on whether or not he should have been kicked off the team at that time. the kid could have said something or done something that Lloreda had to punch him for all I know. As for this latest instance, even if the injury was bad enough to keep him from playing, you just do not leave your team. You stay with them and offer support, become a trainer, work with the younger players, go to all of the games and practices, etc. You don't abandon the team!!!

6. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Geez, Tirk...who IS that in your avatar?

7. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

LLoreda could have gotten a second opinion while still remaining on the team. Even with the results, he should have stayed at practices and on the bench for games as a team player would. Just because he isn't on the floor doesn't mean he wouldn't have an impact.

He is no better than the guys who quit at the beginning of the season. In the future, lets hope that Brady starts recruiting the type of players that Saban gets. Upstanding young men who want to succeed in the classroom and in life.

8. roygu

roygu Founding Member

There is an article in the Times Picayune which indicates that Lloreda, after limping through a couple of games, refused to play hurt again. He believes that a performance less than his best will cost him in the draft. Sounds like "Leon" in the beer commercials.

9. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

Once a thug, always a thug! Good riddance!

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Two things:

1) The NBA has enough players with questionable character like Lloreda, so this latest incident will just spell doom for him with his chance at playing in the NBA.
    2) Coach Brady's recruiting has been called into question once again. I know teams go throught these kinds of things (just look at Florida), but it just seems like it is worse at LSU.