Would you take my bet on the number of losses this year?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mobius481, Sep 27, 2010.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Before the season started, my brother and I made a bet on the over/under of LSU losses in the regular season 12 games only. I took the under, he took the over. We set the line at 4 games. At 4 games it's a push. My thought was that if we beat UNC we were in great shape (we made the bet before any of the suspensionso), and if we were 4-0 at this point it was an absolute lock. So the question is, would you take the bet today.

While I don't think it's a mortal lock, it seems like it would be hard to lose this bet. I could push but losing may be a stretch. You have to think we have tough games against Florida, Auburn, Arkansas, and Bama and then games we should be able to win in McNeese, Tennessee, Ole Miss, and whoever the other cream puff ooc game is. So even if we lose all four tough games, I push. I don't think I would take the bet if the line was set at three though.

Where would everyone feel comfortable taking the bet at this point?

2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

With this defense Id take the under at 3

3. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I would take the under at 4 or higher, since I expect 3.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I had us losing 1 game this season at the beginning of the season, but in order for that to happen, teams are going to have to continue to kick the ball to Patrick Peterson which I don't think will happen, and our offense is going to have to keep the defense off the field by sustaining drives, and play field position. If our D can come in and play in the opposing team's territory we have a chance to win every game. If we start turning the ball over in our own territory our Defense can only do so much.

If our Offense could just be in the top 50 in the nation, we would win the National Championship i believe.

5. Bandit88

I thought about 3, but I'd be expecting a push, which isn't really a great bet - if I'm off by one, I lose...

6. Bandit88

This.

In fact, if our offense was Top 50 in the first 4 games of the season, our defense and special teams would have them in the Top25 by the end of the season.

Without field position, imagine how bad our offense would be right now...on second thought, don't even think about it...:lol: :nope:

7. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I have more confidence than I have had in along time giving the ball back to the opposing team with this 2010 defense.

Hell, we have better chances of scoring off a turnover or punt return than we do on offense :lol:

But seriously, we have an opportunity to win the SEC this year.

Hard nose smash mouth football with a multiple look from our defense and great special teams can help us continue to win.

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Last year, we lost to Florida, Bama, and Ole Miss in the regular season. We should NOT have lost to Ole Miss, and we were in the game with the other two the entire time.

This year, our QB is as bad (probably worse, in fact). However, our defense and special teams are much better, and we are running better than we were last year.

If we could find even the smallest bit of offense, we won't lose 3 this year.

9. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

So true...without a defense forced turnover on the 7 yardline that took us 4 downs to score on, and a punt return for a TD, we may not have won the WVU game.

10. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

It's a tough call. Auburn looks to be getting better every week and will be tough. Throw in Florida, Bama, Arkansas and you may have a push.

Seems everyone is overlooking Tennessee. Granted they have had some big losses to good teams but they play tough and I don't expect that game to be a cake walk. In fact, if we don't get some better offensive output it may be a big "L." Dooley is a good coach and I highly expect Tennessee to be looking to prove something.