Would you trade possible baseball NC for Womens BB NC?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MiketheTiger69, Mar 25, 2004.

1. lsucurlyq

lsucurlyq Founding Member

No freaking way. That LSU baseball team is too near and dear to my heart to do that. Sorry, girls

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I'd never do that. Although I would say March Madness beats the hell out of the bowl games in football.

But I would trade a Men's Baseball NC for the Women's winning it this year. Only because we have won so many in baseball already. And women's basketball (in general) has become much more in the limelight in the last 10 years or so.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I guess you say you would trade a men's baseball NC and 'won so many' since you still have the memories. With the memories of each doesn't lessen the greatness even though we have 5 in a relatively short time. However, being I enjoy baseball and attend games yet rarely if ever attend women's sports I don't have any sentimental feelings one way or the other toward them except that it is LSU and it would be nice for Sue to get a NC. But, since she isnt coaching it wouldnt really be hers...not to the extent if she was on the bench. Pokey would get most of the credit. I hope they win it all but winning it in baseball this year sure would mean a lot more to me.

4. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

Let me think about it....okay......NO NO NO !

5. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

You know what people like you remind me of? You sound just like all those ZeroU fans throwing up their " 7 NC's" and '4 Heisman's" when I tried to point out our NC's in baseball and track, as if it didn't take any hard work and effort and dedication to win them. While they may not be as glamorous as a FB NC or even a baseball NC, the kids who work to get them aren't any less deserving of our appreciation and recognition of their efforts.

Irregardless of whether you are a fan of the respective sport or not you should still appreciate their efforts and representation of LSU. Sue Gunter has been one of the most dedicated coaches at LSU and I (and I imagine Skip and Smoke and Pat Henry and probably Nick as well) wouldn't mind delaying a title if she could win one in her declining years.

And I stick by my statement that anyone who doesn't appreciate and support ALL the kids representing LSU in whatever sport is not really very much of a supporter of the school. You don't necessarily have to go to the games to support the sport. Everyone knows there aren't as many people going to go to womens BB or gymnastics or tennis or golf tournaments as a fb game or baseball game or even mens bb. But that doesn't mean you can't support the team in spirit and wish the best for them. Those kids wear the P&G with as much pride as any fb or baseball player!

Be careful not to let your mind wander. It's much to fragile to be let out on it's own!

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

By supporting them in spirit I suppose that all of us do that in a way. I mean I would rather they win than lose. Its just that I am not going to become wildly excited if they win at womens BB, track, softball, golf or tennis nor am I going to get depressed if they lose the way I would feel the despair of a loss in basketball, baseball and especially football.

Fortunately it doesn't work like that. Wins and losses at women's BB or any other sport have no effect upon how well the baseball team plays.

7. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Dude, it's a dumb question to begin with. Why should we have to trade one off for the other?

8. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

We don't. The whole thing was strictly theoretical. I forget some people can't think that way.

9. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

The simple answer would be no. Based on the whole earned it theory and that if it were not for title IX this conversation would not be taking place.

However any thread that gives tirk the opportunity to post images is greatly appreciated.

10. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

I think the question/title of this thread borders on the insane. A very small portion of LSU fans would trade a baseball NC for women's hoops. I'm thinking no more than 1% of LSU fans in this world, in fact. To the rest of us, it is pretty funny because we cannot imagine giving up a major men's title for any women's sport.