Wouldn't Cap One Bowl want LSU?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 28, 2010.

1. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

This. Accept I'll probably take the day off and tailgate.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Blah, blah, try to make it sound like I'm 112 and maybe you'll have more credibility somehow? :lol:

Look, I've been all over Dallas and Orlando, too. Neither are my favorite places in the world. But Orlando is a far better bowl game destination. Ask the players where they'd rather be for a week. They never pick Dallas.

I don't care at all if you prefer Dallas. Just quit telling me I'm spouting bullchit when I list the reasons that Dallas ain't nothing special. 'Cause it ain't.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I have been to both also, and Dallas kills Orlando. Especially now that the Cotton is played in Jerry World.

4. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Id rather play the highest ranked team, in the best bowl possible. So probably the Cap One game against Mich St. I also think LSU matches best with them. Nebraska would be a nightmare with their crazy option plays. Martinez in space with a pathetic tackling D wouldnt be pretty. We would certainly be in another shootout.

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

FWIW, I know of one player that said he was told the Capital One Bowl is where they are going.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Why would the Cap 1 want us again. I don't see more people going this year considering the way last year turned out and the level of complete carelessness towards the field conditions by the Capital 1 Bowl committee. Alabama hasn't been there in 15 years. Why not take Bama and Michigan State, nice story line there.

If South Carolina beats Auburn, we could be looking at the Peach Bowl, Chick Fil A whatever it's called now.

BTW I am not saying your information is incorrect, I was just asking. You do a wonderful job on here man, and your opinion and information is greatly appreciated. :D:thumb:

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The Bama boards are saying that the Capitol One is going to take the highest ranked available SEC team, which would be LSU, and expect that Bama is going to the Cotton.

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I know you ain't 112. Hell, as far as you know, I may be older than YOU.

And I agree that the players would likely prefer Orlando. We'll just agree to disagree on Dallas/Orlando. You say Dallas is nothing special, I disagree...especially if you say Orlando is MORE special. No biggie. I'm sure there are some great shuffleboard tournies in early January in Orlando. Must be that...

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I believe there is a caveat that they can take an SEC team that is ranked one spot lower than the highest ranked available team...which is why Bama could possibly get the Cap One.

10. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Julio Jones or Ingram? :D