Wow did anyone see the Kellen Winslow post game interview?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mesquite tiger, Nov 8, 2003.

1. ledfoot

ledfoot Founding Member

Is he a senior?

2. Soap

Soap Founding Member

I actually agreed with Trev Alberts and Mark May for once. May said if you wanna know about war to go to a library and read about what happened to real soldiers of war, and that football is just a game.

I have to agreed because the boy went over the line.

3. BayouBomber

BayouBomber Founding Member

If Coker has any sack whatsoever, he will suspend his punk ass indefinitely.

4. He's a psycho, what a classless hothead.

5. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

But I bet his dad is proud....His father is a nutcase too. And it definately looks like the apple didn't fall too far from the tree.

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Was it "play for a black coach" or more something like: A place where a black player can excel? ...or something along those lines.

I know Winslow Sr. didn't approve of his son going to Washington (dispite their abilities to produce some top-notch TE's), because he didn't feel that they were able to provide a suitable atmosphere for a black player.

Boy, what message is he sending to "black players", now that his son plays for Miami and their history of producing thugs and non-disciplined players??? Sounds like the Winslows 'ought to contribute to the Black Panther Party.

7. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

couple of quick things about Winslow (my opinions):

the kid is a solid TE, but he has let the preseason hype surrounding him get to his head too much. the guy was mentioned as a heisman candidate, and then he started acting very cocky on the field. I remember him being an ass during the Florida game when they were losing.

he is living off his dad's rep right now. he has an opportunity to make his own, but he is going about it the right way.

any decent coach would reprimand him for his outburst...but this will not happen. coker is not in control of his team...the inmates are running the assylum in Miami.

case in point the fights after the va tech game.

hopefully his dad will slap some sense into him tonight.

8. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

I think SR wanted JR to go to Michigan State solely based them having a black head coach at the time.

9. vAlleyCat

vAlleyCat Freshman

An army of one:dis:

10. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

I actually just saw the interview on TV instead of just reading it online. What a joke.

I think Coker is in the same shoes as Archer except he inherited a much more talented team so it has taken longer to show. He was probably a players coach/friend and the go between for the players and a Head Coach that might have been more hardline like Arnsbargar. As HC he probably started letting the players get away with more and more stuff as well. The players obviously start to push more and more. Like Archer I do not think he will be able to get back on top of stuff 100%. As long as he can still recruit he may not fall to the depths of Archer, but I think they are going to go back to 2 to 3 losses a year instead if going back to previous two years quality.