Wow did anyone see the Kellen Winslow post game interview?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mesquite tiger, Nov 8, 2003.

1. TBay Tiger

TBay Tiger Freshman

I too, was happy with the response by Mark May. He also said that he (May) played 13 years in the NFL. Please forgive my ignorance: what team did he play for and what position did he play. I have a lot more respect for May now due to his response and his 13 years of NFL experience. Thanks in advance for the response.

2. tiger_in_atl

tiger_in_atl Freshman

he played most of his career with the redskins, and he played offensive line with one pro-bowl trip.

3. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

News Flash! It's worse in the pros.

The NFL is stocked with players like this, and, make no mistake . . . if the player has talent, the coach will bow down if the owner says to.

The Great Jim Brown, running back for the Cleveland Browns, refused to EVER block on a play (even a pass block on a pass play.) Coach Paul Brown tried to straighten Jim Brown out, but the owner, Art Modell, fired the coach instead!!

More good reasons for a coach to prefer college to NFL coaching.

:geaux:

:lsug:

4. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

It's sickening to see Winslow not caring if he hurt people on the football field (which may even be career ending). He doesn't belong in any sports. Maybe he should go to Wrestlemania. He sure sounds like one of those.
    ________
    Ordinary life insurance dicussion

5. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Winslow looked like he on drugs. Man he did look like he could possible be headed to prison if he dosen't get his emotions under control.

6. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

Except William Perry.

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I bet his dad is embarrased

8. attigeratlaw

attigeratlaw Founding Member

What an ass. Players like Winslow, despite their talent, usually end up tearing teams apart. Here's to hoping Miami keeps signing these kinds of players for years to come.

p.s.- Saban would have utterly b!tch slapped that kid.

9. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I was watching that will some friends and everyone agreed with what attigeratlaw said. We all agreed that Saban would have bitch slapped him back to wherever he was from...But this would have never happened under Saban...

10. freddy

freddy Founding Member

Going to prison, come on that's a little harsh. Yeah, he said some stupid things and at times he does appear to have an attitude on the field. But the young man is a very talented football player who apparently needs some guidance and a little discipline. I am not defending his comments, but I don't think he is as bad as everyone thinks.