Wow did anyone see the Kellen Winslow post game interview?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mesquite tiger, Nov 8, 2003.

1. burnline1

burnline1 Freshman

Looked like "Roid Rage" to me. You can't always see the true man after a win, but you can after a loss.

2. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

It was immature and self serving. I cant imagine things like that helping Miami rrecruiting very much. It shows a lack of discipline and that all starts with the coach.

Tom Landry said his biggest regret as a coach was he let Duane Thomas get away with things trying to help him but it tore apart the team because of an implied double standard.

I think once Winslow cools down it will be one of the biggest regrets of his life. But he will go on to get his millions in the NFL and be a role model for kids. Boy are we in trouble with role models like this for our kids.

Geaux LSU Tigers

3. Eauxkie Tiger

Eauxkie Tiger Founding Member

The anchor on Sportcenter said it best.." No, you are not a soldier. There are soldiers who wish they were here playing college footbal."

4. b L e S e U r

b L e S e U r Founding Member

Winslow Apologizes...whooptee doo

In a statement released through the university Sunday, Winslow apologized for his comments.

"After speaking with the press, I immediately regretted my comments and felt embarrassed for my family, my team, the University of Miami, our fans, alumni and myself," Winslow said. "What I have learned from this experience is to take my triumphs and failures in stride. My outburst should in no shape or form be a reflection on this institution or the Miami football program.

"As for my reference to being a soldier in a war, I meant no disrespect to the men and women who have served, or are currently serving, in the armed forces. I cannot begin to imagine the magnitude of war or its consequences."

5. TomyDingo

TomyDingo Founding Member

Did he just release this in writing or did he actually stand up in front of some reporters, tell them to make money off of it and apologize?

6. terry cox

terry cox Founding Member

Are we expected to believe that the statement issued through the university was actually composed by Winslow? First Winslow insults everyone possible, then his university insults our intelligence by offering a statement obviously beyond his command of the English language.

7. TomyDingo

i've seen people say this, but I haven't seen it anywhere on any websites (CNNSi, ESPN, CFN) Do any of you have links to this?

8. JonTheTigerFan

JonTheTigerFan Founding Member

Man, Miami must be a really good school. He went from a bumbling, ebonic speaking moron, to an eloquent spokesman, in only one day. They must have some really good tutors over there. Give me a break. How stupid do the Miami officials think we are? We all know those remarks were scripted from someone who didnt want his original comments to smear Miami's "good name".

9. TomyDingo

he wasn't bumbling or speaking ebonics yesterday. He's actually a well spoken sounding guy, just because he's black and was yelling doesn't mean he's speaking ebonics.

but yes he is a moron and an idiot.

10. JonTheTigerFan

JonTheTigerFan Founding Member

"I'm a fuckin soulja" is hardly well-spoken. He is a thug who needs to be pimp slapped.