Wow did anyone see the Kellen Winslow post game interview?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mesquite tiger, Nov 8, 2003.

1. TomyDingo

TomyDingo Founding Member

if i was yelling I would probably sound the same way, but besides that quote he was well spoken sounding, I've heard him speak before and he was well spoken.

2. JonTheTigerFan

JonTheTigerFan Founding Member

I know, I have seen him in interviews before. He sounded different last night, taking out his frustrations on the media, refs, and Brock Berlin. I dont remember on which site it was, but I did read about the comments his dad made about him wanting Jr. to play for a black coach. If I remember correctly, he wouldnt let Jr. sign on signing day, because if you arent 18 yet, you have to have your parents sign a release. I was watching it on TV and he wouldnt let Jr sign, although at the time, I think Jr was planning to sign with Washington. I think the Miami thing was a sort of compromise.

3. TomyDingo

thanks for the info, Jon, but got any links to articles about it?

4. JonTheTigerFan

I will look. That discussion was brought up a while back on this board. Someone posted a link to an article from when it happened, but I dont remember which site it was. I will definitely look for it, though, because I dont remember all the specifics.

5. TomyDingo

6. JonTheTigerFan

I was about to post the same article. Lol

7. attigeratlaw

attigeratlaw Founding Member

Re: Winslow Apologizes...whooptee doo

For some reason I doubt that Winslow came up with this all by himself. I smell the work of a UM English Major assigned to "voluntarily" assist in drafting a statement.

How's that for a recruiting tool? - come to UM, where prize a-holes are given their very own speech writers.

What are the odds that Winslow even knows that he apologized?

8. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Searched google but could not really find anything but quotes ans some website I have not heard of.

http://shinbone.home.att.net/winslow.2.htm

Possible link but you have to register.
    possible link

9. attigeratlaw

attigeratlaw Founding Member

They're defending Winslow over on the Miami board. I'm not surprised actually. These are the same Miami fans who booed Colquist (the UT punter) after the roughing call. When the guy finally limped off the field after being laid out, the crowd bood him all the way to the sideline instead of applauding as an injured player left the field, like you'd see at any other half civilized crowd.

http://mb7.theinsiders.com/fmiami20779frm1.showMessage?topicID=91111.topic