Wow, What a Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Proud Tiger, Aug 27, 2003.

1. RTRinBR

RTRinBR Founding Member

Game outcome

To tell the truth, I have found Tiger fans to be at their peak during the game. That is not to say they were bad, just most vocal and outgoing so to say. By and large they are fun to be around after the game, no matter the outcome.

Who's this fRan guy?:D

2. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

Before the game last year a phony internet letter circulated that was "supposed" to be a transcript of Saban talking to his players about bammer, blah, blah. Well, ole frannie bought into and had words for Saban after the game as well as not shaking hands. Made a tee total ass of him(her) self.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The letter had already been exposed as a hoax, days before the game. The Fradulent One used it to pump up his troops anyway and then mouthed off and shook his finger in Nick's face instead of shaking hands. Never seen anything like it.

Between the internet geeks from Bama and those from LSU, you can bet there will be a ton of phoney internet letters to complicate his life at A&M this year. Let the spoofing begin.

4. chuck

chuck Founding Member

I had heard that the exchange was actually b/c Saban Interviewed an Alabama assistant w/o asking Fran for permission?

Just heard . .have no clue if its true.

5. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

I haven't heard that one.........Some Bama fans probably made up some excuses for why the incident happened. and you know those Bammers, thier coach is never to blame, so many different stories have come up, but the only one with a backing to it is the Hoax story.

But who knows??????? But regardless, I still dislike him.

6. chuck

chuck Founding Member

yeah . .I have no clue . .internet rumors RULE!

7. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Of all people, AU fans should love them the most since if it wasnt for the Internet, Price prob wouldnt have gotten caught.

8. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

Price??

SouthLink......I had ten times rather Price be their coach than Shula. Price would have flunked in the SEC.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, for whatever reason Franchione dissed Nick, it made it obvious to me that the rumors he was leaving Bama were true. You just don't publicly insult a top coach and an annual opponent like that if you expect to ever meet them again. The Bammers should have known, too. His abandonment of Bama was no shocker to us, we were waiting for it.

On the other hand, i was kind of proud of the Bama fans after the Mike Price incident, which WAS a shocker. They blew that off quickly and even kept a sense of humor about it. But they still have a deep, simmering hatred for Fran the Man and I don't blame them. LSU fans just think he's an asshole and are waiting for a chance at some payback some day.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Is this the 1st time we've had a thread about a thread?