WR Frustratiion

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by 65Grad, Sep 12, 2010.

1. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

I noticed on two occasions, once with Shep and once with Tolliver that they looked very frustrated after not being able to catch one of jj's (high,Low, wide or behind) passes. Anyone else think that the receiver's may be losing faith in JJ getting them "catchable" passes.:dis:

JJ has not shown any improvement from the spring game.:bncry:

JL Hit a receiver in the hands in stride the only time he got to throw a pass.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Shepard was jumping up and down angry with Jefferson for throwing behind him for about the fourth time last night. TV had a very good closeup . . . the guy was frustrated completely.

3. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I can't say that I blame them. I would be pissed too. JJ can't even make the easy throws.

I wonder how many points and yards we could put up if we had a QB that could put the ball in front of this talented group so they could run and make people miss.

4. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

It's like an offensive time bomb ready to go off and the quarterback has wet matches...

I'm sure all our receivers are frustrated - have been for two years and two games, now...

2 people like this.
  5. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Miles even said in a radio interview in the locker room, "We'll have to revisit the QB position; maybe Lee deserves more snaps"...

Honestly, add about 100 yards passing to this game and it's an impressive win. And it's not like the play calling didn't allow for it, there were many opportunities. While last night's game wasn't the prettiest we've seen, it wasn't terrible. If the QB performs, we had very little to fuss about really.

6. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

YES!

7. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Did Miles really say this?

8. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

On the quarterback situation:

"We're going to continue to evaluate our quarterback situation, and frankly we're going to expect more out of the position. I think both those guys can give it to us. I think (Jordan) Jefferson definitely can, and we're going to encourage (Jarrett) Lee because he's a guy who's going to have to win games for us as we go forward."

Transcript: LSU Coach Les Miles' comments after win over Vanderbilt | NOLA.com

9. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Hatcher, you're right. But the interview I'm talking about was with a reporter on 98.1 after the game, not the presser. P&G, the words I quoted (paraphrased), I heard him say on the air. I almost ran off the road when I heard him actually say it. Suffice to say, Miles acknowledged the lack of QB performance tonight.

10. Dat-Tiger-Fan

Dat-Tiger-Fan Founding Member