WR Frustratiion

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by 65Grad, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

I don't think Sheppard was pissed at JJ, I think he was pissed at himself. At least the time where he looked super frustrated, we watched it a few times, and to me it looks like he is pissed at himself.

Not sure about Tolliver though, I do agree that there has to be frustration with JJ quality right now. I think it will all work out though, maybe Jared Lee gets more reps, and wins the start.

2. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Tolliver has been throwing his hands up for 2 years like thrown me the damn ball.

3. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

TT has got to be frustrated. He is 6'5" and can jump out of the stadium. You would think JJ would have perfected the back shoulder fade this summer during unsupervised practices.

Maybe it was just Zach Lee grabbing receivers to throw to this summer, because JJ has no timing or touch on his passes and that has not changed since he showed up on campus.

At this point if JL can not get the ball to the skilled guys lets try the two walk ons.

4. roygu

roygu Founding Member

It appeared to me that he was glaring back towards JJ, but I haven't seen a replay.

5. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

It looked to me like he was looking at JJ with that frustrated look. He is not throwing a catchable ball right now.

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

My thoughts exactly.

We got great production from the running game. We gave the QB good protection (and quite a few times, JJ could have eaten a poboy back there).
    Playcall selection didn't leave me scratching my head wondering, "What are they thinking?"

We threw the ball only 21 times and JJ could only manage 8-of-20 and couldn't break 100 yards. Had he been more effective, we could have thrown more, but, and I agree 100% with the play-calling: He can't complete passes, so we're going to run, run, run and run some more.

It was ALL JJ in this one. And for him, unfortunately, it was ALL BAD.

2 people like this.
  7. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Gotta wonder if Shepard was thinking, "Even I could make that throw!"

1 person likes this.
  8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Forget Shepard! T-Bob was thinking it!!

1 person likes this.
  9. Berge

Berge Founding Member

That is why this is so frustrating. We all wanted to crucify the coaches last week, and this week they come out and have a good gameplan. I really saw nothing to complain about that had anything to do with the coaches (except more Shepard touches, but when your RB runs for 150+, you can't stop giving him the ball).

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I agree that the WRs must be frustrated. There were about 5 balls that couldn't have been caught. But playing a little devils advocate here, there were 3 drops that should have been caught yesterday and one was a 3rd down throw to Randle that should have been a 1st down.

We averaged a little over 2 drops a game last year and so far this year we are averaging about 3 drops a game.

Play calling should help most of the frustrations in the passing game. I couldn't believe Crowton called a swing pass batted down my the DE, ran a run play, and then called the same swing pass that was batted down again in the same drive. If you are going to do that with a 3 step drop you better make sure your OTs are getting off the ball and taking the DEs out of it.