WR Frustratiion

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by 65Grad, Sep 12, 2010.

1. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

It just feels like there is a growing opinion to hang this kid out to dry which is going to culminate in him getting booed out of the stadium next week. I'm not trying to call out any specific poster which is why I didn't quote anyone. I just felt like the tone of this thread was starting to pile on a little and thought that some might want step back and get a little persecutive.

For the record, I would like to see Lee get some more reps myself.

2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

The most glaring thing I'll comment on is the bolded part. 5 yd screens are NOT throws that he doesn't have the skills to make. Furthermore, there isn't a throw in the arsenal (that I've seen) that JJ hasn't the skill set to make. JJ has a cannon. It isn't his physical ability that's the problem. He just can't seem to get comfortable in the offense.
    -
    Like I said, I've been one of the bigger JJ supporters, and I still am. I said I think it was his worst game, and I mean both as of yet, and including the future. It can't get much worse than last night for JJ.

Secondly, I supported him too all night, and will do so not only every time he takes the field, but even when he's on the bench if that happens. I support him now. I just stated some truths. He played poorly last night, and his passes, although possibly catchable, were not placed in the proper area conducive to success.

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Sorry if I misunderstood you. I did feel as though your statement was in response to my post.

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Agree, but last night he bricked some layups.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I cant give you any more rep, but damn strong post.

I will add that JJ seems to have it in his head that he doesn't have to play up for teams like Vandy, etc. It was clear last night that his head wasnt in the game, there was zero focus from the kid. He did have a couple of good series in the second half, but that pick was inexcusable because the throw was badly under thrown. He has to play better or split the time between Lee and Jefferson.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Hopefully not. It's why I'd like to see both quarterbacks play rather than a benching, which would only hurt Jeffersons morale and put all the pressure on Lee. We need to take advantage of what both of these quarterbacks bring to the table this year. It's not an either/or situation.

And we appreciate it. Sundays have become like that. Perspective usually comes on Tuesday. :yelwink2:

7. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

:rofl: true enough, but you gotta keep trying.

8. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I was frustrated that Shepard dropped three balls that hit him in the hands...I know JJ had some bad throws to him, but I'm old school when it comes to ball placement by the QB.

"He hit him in a bad place...the hands."...is what the guy sitting next to me watching the game said Sat. night...I agreed on two of the throws. Yea, they were not good throws by JJ

LSU receivers, as talented as they are, have not been concentrating on catching the dang ball...they've been thinking about the run after the catch...they've been looking upfield on the good throws. This has been going on for a few years now.

Billy Gonzales is probably preaching...catch the ball...in practice this week

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Don't make me go "Fishhead" on you, Steve! Bad passes and dropped balls go together like rice and gravy.

They are not mutually exclusive. The fact that Shepard can stop, spin around backwards and manage to get his hands on the ball while falling down does not excuse an unacceptable pass.

10. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Shepard is better at RB at this point. I think a good mix of Ridley and Shepard will be effective. We are going to need to run the wildcat in the future IMO.