WR Frustratiion

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by 65Grad, Sep 12, 2010.

1. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Shepard is scoring on running plays from the WR position. He does not have the bulk or power of Ridley for running between the tackles.

And Ridley is second in yards in the SEC as of today. Shepard requires far more attention when he is @ WR, whether he runs a route or runs with the ball.

2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I agree Shep is better running the ball than catching, but.....

Shep is GREAT running with the ball...but he will excel on his rushing attempts BECAUSE he's at WR.

I do agree there needs to be some wildcat with Shep as the point man. Put him back there with Blue, Ware, hell Peterson for all I care. I don't know if he can throw the ball effectively, but I know for a fact he can run the option.

3. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Seems about right. I'm not saying he should start or anything, but the descriptions of Shepard's throwing deficiencies have been exaggerated. I don't know if you have seen Shepard's senior highlight video, but he makes some pretty good throws. He has enough ability to keep the defense honest.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nuwsl34ianQ"]YouTube - Russell Shepard - High school 2008 (Senior yr)[/ame]
    2:19-Passing plays

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I'm with you there. LSU under Miles has seen KW throw the ball, as well as I think Early Doucet. I'm pretty sure Shep can throw as well as those guys, although I know Doucet was a pretty good QB in HS. I'd love to see Shep in the Wild Tiger with the option to throw it. I'd like to see DPeterson back when it happens...and him be on the receiving end of "the pass heard round the world".

5. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

I'm already starting to ponder if its another situation like with Rohan where the players don't play up for JJ. I know it was late in the game and Vandy was tired, but the OL looked rejuvenated, perhaps even more spirited, when JL came on the field. Not saying this is how it is, but starting to consider it.

6. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Shepard can throw the ball better than Doucet or KW, and I did see him play his senior year. In person.

But this aint high school pilgrims. Shepard will throw the ball this year. I imagine it will happen at home though or at Florida.

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Of course it ain't high school. I don't know about KE, but I'm not suggesting let Shep take over the QB duties. Just saying in a Wild Tiger, I wouldn't mind one bit seeing him throw it every now and then. In that scenario, opposing defenses are going to be keying on the run...on Shep running particularly...and someone should be WIDE open. Kinda like Flynn to Dickson in the BCSNCG.
    -
    The point of bringing Early and KW in the conversation was just that. They were most certainly not college level QBs, but they did throw the ball in college...successfully. Pretty sure KW was our best QB in 2008!:shock:

8. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I remember that one you are talking about...it was a pretty bad pass. The other two were nat as bad. Mainly, my point is...LSU receivers drop plenty enough passes that are touching their hands that I'm getting a little frustrated with them too.

I guess I want Tolliver to snag passes...good and bad...and really become that First round talent that I hope he is. I mean Just think if Tolliver could catch Passes like Lance Moore of the Saints...Now then he'd be special and not just a prospect...he'd be a "can't miss" prospect.

9. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

There is zero doubt that this is coming, it's in the breech - we're just waiting on the right moment to do it.

Just hope we don't wait too long...West Virginia would be a good game to break the glass on this, I think.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XTolid5SaY]YouTube - Watchmen - Soundtrack - Track 2 - Hallelujah ( 2nd Version)[/ame]