Write this down

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by gsparks, Oct 13, 2007.

1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

as long as it is not during the national anthem or the invocation - i could care less. not trying to be rude, but since when do we have to be nice during a song gushing over a state? Please.......

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

We're being a little hard on the newbie. He's talking about the fact that the team took the field while the band was playing the state song during pregame. Lundquist pointed it out himself; said we "jumped the gun." I guess our fans in the stadium were chanting when we came out as well. I can understand UK fans not liking it....how would we react if an opponent ran on the field while the GBFT was playing pregame? Then again, we do our big pregame deal 20 minutes before scheduled Kickoff time, not 3. I'll bet we weren't the first team to run on the field during My Old Kentucky Home with that kind of timing.

3. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i don't think the teams have any control of when they come out, aren't they told when to come out.

someone in the know please educate me on this.

4. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

What the heck is he talking about?

5. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

No one really knows.

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Ok, time to set the record straight here.

This Kentucky fan was misled by the broadcast. When it started, the band was playing "MY OLD KENTUCKY HOME" at midfield. While that was happening, we could hear booing on tv. Then they cut to showing LSU running out on the field. If you look though, the band was no longer on the field playing.

What happened was CBS was showing some of the pre-game/pre-broadcast activities. The video was pre-recorded but the audio was live.

7. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

99, thanks for clearing that up for us. I was watching on TV, but it was kinda confusing as to what was going on. I also wasn't paying much attention to the tube at that point....was making sure I had all the essentials close at hand....:eek:ldskule:

8. Crystal_lsu

Crystal_lsu Founding Member

Dee dee dee

9. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

dum dum dum

10. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Last week, Florida did chants during our Alma Mater, and I, along with a lot of others were pissed.

Now our fans did the exact same thing to Kentucky. I was extremely embarrassed (once again) by our fans. :dis::dis: