Writer asks Bama to leave SEC....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BamaMatt, Jun 14, 2003.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I dont know if you were being serious or not. But if you are, I think OU and Nebraska (Or Colorado, or K-State) might have something to say about that.

I am may be mistaked but I believe there is only 1 Big 12 title between A&M and UT since the Big 12's inception. (UT beat Nebraska with the god father of soul at QB)

OU has as many national titles as UT has Big 12 titles.

As far as the article, ALabama is a huge part of the SEC, they are an important part of the Identity of the SEC. Are they the reason the SEC exsists ? no of course not.
    I think this article was supposed to be sarcastic, but that is just my impression.

2. BamaSam

BamaSam Freshman

Guys,
    Is Sabanfan the only one who gets the jist of the editorial? It was making fun of us (Bama), not you. The piece is suggesting that Alabama fans have a holier than thou attitude and think that everything that has happened to us over the last few years is someone else's fault. It's sort of an "I'll take my ball and go home" article.

Lighten up fellas.

3. tigerfanintampa

tigerfanintampa Founding Member

As a famous kid named Bart used to say, "Don't have a cow man."

The article was satire and meant exactly as BamaSam explained it. Have fun with it as it was intended.

4. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

HAHA -- great article.

You think the opening line about Jesse Jackson would have given it away that it was a joke (at least that's where I picked up on it).

5. Latide97

Latide97 Founding Member

Yeah, Why so defensive?