Wroten tests positive?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by greg9476, Apr 21, 2006.

1. greg9476

greg9476 Founding Member

WROTEN, SCIFRES TEST POSITIVE AT COMBINE

Three league sources with knowledge of the results of the drug tests administered at the February scouting combine tells us that, this year, only two players generated positive results.

Per the sources, the two positive results were generated by LSU defensive tackle Claude Wroten and Missouri State kicker Jon Scifres. The sources have requested anonymity due to the confidential nature of the NFL's drug testing protocol.

PHP:
    ESPN's Mel Kiper has Wroten listed as No. 3 among defensive tackles, behind only Brodrick Bunkley and Haloti Ngata. Kiper pegs Scifres as the No. 2 kicker.

Scifres' brother, Mike, is the punter for the San Diego Chargers.

A positive test doesn't necessarily mean that the player was found to have a prohibited substance in his urine. An excessively diluted sample also can be regarded as a positive test.

As we've explained in past years, the test imposed at the combine is announced in advance. Thus, anyone who tests positive at the combine -- and whose positive test was the result of using a prohibited substance -- is either a moron or has a problem.

PHP:
    Prohibited substance or excessively diluted?? hmm......

2. Victory4LSU

Victory4LSU Founding Member

Re: Wroten test's positive

Well we know he likes to smoke the spinach. If the "rumor"is true I guess he just couldn't resist one more time and figured he could mask it. Instead of puff, puff, puff he should have passed. You have to wonder why some folks just do't learn from past mistakes esp. when they have a shot at a fresh start. I hope it's not true... of course those comments are based on a positive spinach test. I would be shocked if it was some other roid type substance.

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

The kid can't hold his smoke. (Hopefully Claude comes out of this okay ),

4. clair

clair Rockets

B/S...

The 1st time I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but if he is dumb enough to do something AGAIN to jeopardize himself, then he's on his own...

certainly i hope it was a mistake, but if it wasn't, I don't feel sorry for him

5. col reb

col reb Founding Member

I think I have been on this forum long enought for you guys to know I would not approve of the "wacky/tobacy..... Have I ever? Hell yes. You won't find many VN era vets that didn't. If the NFL has the right to "random" drug test, the athelete should have a list of those in charge. If they want a urine sample from him tomorrow at 8:00 am, he should have the right to call two or three of his "superiors" to the same test within one hour of his. Don't you think drug test schedules can be rigged? I can see test on a player at 8:00 am on game day. If you are taking enhancement drugs---busted. Got drunk? Between you and management how you perform.

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

When I was in college, I worked for drug testing and x-ray clinic--primarily doing random drug screenings on oil field contractors but occassionally pre-employments, etc. THC (pot) is an oil-based drug (for those not "in the know") and it stores itself in fatty tissues.

THC has been known to remain in a person's body for as long as 3 months. Why? Because in some cases, the drug won't release itself from your body until you sweat it out... So, technically, the larger the person (in direct relation to the amount smoked), the longer (in theory) THC remains in your body.

So, any player testing positive for marijauna use might not nec. have recently used it around the time of testing...

7. Victory4LSU

Victory4LSU Founding Member

Thats very true but you would have to have been one helluva heavy smoker for an extended period of time to go 3 months without and still test positive at the min level tested for. This is not speculation, it's based on actual past life experiences. If he failed becasue of suspected mask, well that speaks for itself doesn't it.... You would almost hope it's not the spinach... of course if the 'RUMOR" is even true.

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Link to article?

9. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Such a foolish witch hunt. "OH NO! Someone is smoking weed, and he won't be able to stop the run or get to the QB!"

Assinine. I understand there are rules, but that doesn't make them any less ridiculous.

10. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

um, ok. and nobody's motivation and work ethic has ever been affected by marijuana use.

man, i think tigerforums.com might be a controlled substance in that sense too. :rolleyes: