Wroten tests positive?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by greg9476, Apr 21, 2006.

1. TigerMed

TigerMed Founding Member

Re: Wroten test's positive

I agree 100% with this. There is a difference between opinions and acting like you know what your talking about eventhough you're pulling it out of your ass.

About the drug testing. Urine drug screens, depending on what drug they are looking for, are usually very sensitive and specific (>90-95%) but false positives are possible. For the most part, they are very accurate in their findings. I study medicine at UT Health Science Center in Houston and have personally seen many instances where HPD has brought in an agitated individual to the ER for altered mental status. These people will swear that they are not on drugs and all we need to do is order the urine test. When it comes back positive for drugs, the clinical picture and test leads us to KNOW that it is correct. The NFL will have more of a problem because there will always be the doubt that it is a false positive because they do not see the clinical picture with a random drug screen.

Since we don't know anything about the test other than it was positive for Wroten, it is a reach to speculate on what this does for his draft status. Maybe he's really on drugs, maybe he drank water (a helluva a lot) and his urine is dilute, or maybe it is a false positive. We don't know.

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

This is an internet message board. Most posts are opinions, whether they be about things people know about or not is irrelevent. We're here to discuss these opinions.

3. TigerMed

TigerMed Founding Member

I understand that this is the internet and people can freely state their opinions, but voicing an opinion without knowing what you are talking about is ignorant. Ignorance does not lend itself to a fruitful discussion.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

TWO people in the entire NFL draft got positive results for drug use. We happen to know for a fact that Wroten smokes weed, why is there even discussion about other possabilities that could have made him test positive?

I stated the reason for my opinion & stand by it.

5. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

I'm in college, know a lot of people... and I've seen people who are HEAVY smokers beat a screening with 2 days (MAX) detox. They (DEA, etc) like to state that it's impossible and that it takes a month or more... but it is possible. That makes it even worse for Wroten's case. Beating screenings is not rocket science... okay, so it may involve a bit of chemistry/biology, but still. Don't give me the BS on how athletes are larger, thus making it stay in the system longer, because a large number of the people that I've seen beat such tests were/are athletes. Sure THC is fat solluble, but depending on the type of tests, it is possible to beat them by such easy tasks as niacin/water detox. Now I'm sure the NFL can afford the ULTRA expensive hair-analysis tests, which currently can't be beaten, but those are a little invasive considering they can go back YEARS and dig **** up...

6. Victory4LSU

Victory4LSU Founding Member

Theres a difference between opinion and conjecture. You can deny that, say it ain't so but there is and in the case of your statement it was conjecture, and thats not opinion, it's fact.

7. Victory4LSU

I don't know for a FACT he smoke weed. I highly suspect it since he was busted with some in his sock/car but that evidence alone does not make him a toker. So we don't know **** as fact and neither do you. Unless you have blown him a shotgun or passed to him and watched him inhale you don't know for a fact..... and I stand by that.

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I never denied there was a difference, just said that it didn't matter. My opinion was conjecture. So what?

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

A recentle article said he was coming clean with all the scouts, told them the truth that he had smoked weed and failed a drug screening once here at LSU. I suppose that still doesn't mean fact, but short of lab analysis of a substance I see him toke - you'd probably say nothing is fact.

10. Victory4LSU

Link or your still talkin bs....... and if in fact he did admit then it falls right into the fact catagory... but again a link is needed.