WRU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Feb 25, 2015.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Can't help you bro. He was making an objective statement. You went straight carney with it.

mancha likes this.
  2. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

In the heat of conversation, some warm up and others light a match.

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

But I thought Les Miles was a OL guru?!?!

LSUDad likes this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

See La'el Collins, Trai Turner. Next year is where we see a major bump in OL getting drafted into the NFL.

Hawk and Alexander will both have a great shot after next year. Pocic is the one to keep an eye on, someone that could play all five positions in college on the OL, the NFL wants those guys.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I bring gasoline and marshmallows.

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

In all fairness Dad, while those you are referring to are certainly maturing and translating to the next level, their OL play, and others, while at LSU has not been as stellar as one would expect, esp. with a former O-lineman as our HC. We've had spotty success, and certainly good numbers with our run game, but it has seemed like almost pulling teeth the entire time. It's not like the Wisky's, ALAs and OSUs where it is a clear strength year after year. If OL, and QB play, were better, CLM would have more SEC championships and NCs under his belt. I'm not complaining. I appreciate and enjoy our success overall, but OL and QB play have been clearly problematic. Hopefully, the changes in OC and OL coaching will continue to improve those areas, while maintaining our strong WR and RB play. It certainly appears we are heading in that direction, and the results should show on the field over the next 2-3 seasons, I think.

lsu-i-like and LSUDad like this.
  7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

then you probably shouldve put that in your first post.

LSUDad and ParadiseiNC like this.
  8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

referring to my post? settle down, just gave facts--dont have the time or desire to research all the categories that were used in the first post. checking nfl draft history was going to one website.

those stats have value. mainly its evidence that all programs have problems getting good qbs. spoiled lsu fans think its their right to watch a great qb every sat. it just isn't that simple and every program has this problem.

LSUDad and ParadiseiNC like this.
  9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

yes we do care, because this actually helps reload those players that are getting drafted and doing well in the NFL. The rest is coaching and having the perfect storm. Even without a QB we should have beat Bama this year, want to know how?
    our left tackle thats about to be drafted in the first round our stud stable of running backs that will eventually be drafted, no big recruit is coming to your school if they dont believe they can be drafted high from your program.

red55, didit, StaceyO and 3 others like this.
  10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Funny you and he should bring this up. It would seem like nick and bama should be DBU? After all, he is the best coach in college football and has finished like #1 in recruiting 6 of the last 7 years. And what is his specialty? That should be an easy one. And to some, what was a weakness on their team this year? Yep.

And yes with the addition of Grimes and Cam, we should be better in both those positions in the near future. The addition of Krags was to be a major upgrade, but that one took a bad turn, glad to see Krags is doing good and things at LSU has worked out as well as to be under what he has gone through. Thanks to Les, and Krags will say the same thing if you ask him.

I have said this before, OL has been a weakness on this team, to only have 5 linemen drafted since 2001. Yep bad play at the position, bad coaching, etc. I said Grimes would change this once hired, it is starting to show, and will continue.

ParadiseiNC likes this.