WRU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Feb 25, 2015.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I agree with Master, would love to see every LSU player get drafted and play in the NFL. It does help big time with recruiting. How do we sign all these great WR's without having a QB?

Bengal B and lsu-i-like like this.
  2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

How do we keep signing the best RB's in the state and the Nation? Two last year and three really good ones this year? Not easy to do. UT and Coach Strong tried real hard to get one of these guys and failed. Should have been an easy sell. Great job by Les and the staff.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

2 words, Frank Wilson.

furduknfish and LSUDad like this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They must be paying them more than the other teams.

LSUDad likes this.
  5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

He is the main catalyst for sure, however I can guarantee you it is much more than that. We've been getting great RB's & WR's even before Frankgot here.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Very True. But think of this, since he's gotten here the depth at both positions have been unlike any other.

LSUDad and ParadiseiNC like this.
  7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

This grouping of RB's and WR's might end up being the greatest ever based on the hype but I'll wait before saying that LaSalle, looking at the rosters pre Coach Frank we have had a heck of a lot of depth just about every year since Sweaty was our coach. Especially at RB. Anyway I love Coach Frank nd he is the best recruiter at LSU that I've followed.

LSUDad likes this.
  8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Show em the secret playbook.

LSUDad, Bengal B and leroy7500 like this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Its on double secret probation.

LSUDad likes this.
  10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Relax guys....

Cameron "very confident" in LSU's QB's

The biggest talk of the LSU offseason - once again - surrounds quarterbacks.

On Thursday, the Times Picayune's Ron Higgins released part one of a three-part Q&A series with LSU offensive coordinator Cam Cameron, and Cameron touched on a number of different aspects of the quarterback play in Baton Rouge - and began to go in-depth on the development of both rising junior Anthony Jennings and rising sophomore Brandon Harris.

Cameron's message to the fans: relax.

"I know where everybody's primary concern is right now with this team," Cameron said. "I almost want to say what (Packers quarterback) Aaron Rodgers said last season (after Green Bay started 1-2).

"RELAAAAAX.

"I don't say that arrogantly at all. From what I've already seen in the last month, I'm very confident our quarterbacks will play extremely well this season. Some of the biggest indicators I've always seen over the years that leads to future success are how quarterbacks step back and reflect after taking their lumps. How do they view it? The ones that view it with an 'I've got to get better' approach, you see their work ethic increase. You see a different focus. If a guy is made of the right stuff, adversity will mature him quickly. If he isn't made of the right stuff, you'll watch the guy implode. It's usually one of the two.

"But I've watched Anthony and Brandon in their morning workouts these past few weeks. I know what they're doing in the classroom, and they've made a change in the classroom, gone to being really good off-the-field. In the weight room, (football strength and conditioning coach) Tommy Moffitt is raving about their effort, their leadership and their communication."

LSU's first spring practice kicks off on March 7.

titoabad1, Brian and Bengal B like this.