$!%$ www.CBSSportsline.com!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Apr 4, 2005.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I joined an office bracket online with one of our team leaders, and I've coasted since the Sweet 16...Been in first place ever since then...

I even picked the Final Four perfectly, and the guy that set it up chose Duke instead of Michigan State...I even picked the National Semi's perfectly...and so did he...

We entered tonight with a 2 game advantage towards yours truly...He chose UNC, I chose Illinois as the winner...and he won, and it ended up...

TE - 46 games correctly picked
    Team Leader - 45 games correctly picked

He ended up with 260 points, and I ended up with 255, so he wins the office pot of $400, because CBS Sportsline weighed the rounds as follows...

First Round (Field of 64) - 1 point per game
    2nd Round (Round of 32) - 2 points per game
    3rd Round (Sweet 16) - 3 points per game
    4th Round (Elite 8) - 4 points per game
    5th Round (Final Four) - 5 points per game
    6th Round (Championship Game) - 15 points per game

Because of this out of whack scoring (Or should I say TE unfriendly) system, I went from $400 to $40 for 2nd place...

That sucks!

Thanks alot, CBS Sportsline!

2. BB

BB Founding Member

Fire CBS!

3. TigerEducated

Now whose the one hijacking threads?

Must really annoy you that I probably blew your stats in the tourney brackets out of water, huh po littewl baybey?

4. philter

philter Founding Member

You knew the rules when you signed up, now you're bitching? The whole point of those ncaa pools is to pick the winner, I think weighing the final game more than any other is legit. But you don't care about that, you just wanted to tell us how good you did in your pool :) How'd your TigerForums entry do?

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

are you gonna make a ring declaring yourself the actual winner?

6. TigerEducated

I didn't enter in Tiger Forums...I entered there as an afterthought at work...If I was tooting my own horn, why wouldn't I have tooted it long ago, when I was in 1st place for like 2 solid weeks?

I made the post because I was annoyed I just lost out on $360 bucks...

7. mccoy1000

mccoy1000 Founding Member

More like #@#$# your office pool manager. Sportsline has to be completely customized....most people use the defaults of
    1/2/4/8/16/32

not sportslines fault, they are by far the best site to run brackets on (instant updates and "best possible" scenarios)....

8. TigerEducated

On the FAQ, it said that customizable scoring was not available at that time, and that the only scoring was in the manner in which I described, assigning each round # that same # of points for each correct game picked, until the final round, in which the total was almost tripled from the highest amount...

9. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Wow, you really did a good job of picking brackets. I didn't think anyone had more knowledge than you when it came to basketball. It is really hard to believe you lost or came is 2nd. :rofl:

10. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

15 is nothing.

In our money bracket, my friend was tied for 1st with one other guy going into the NC game. My friend picked Illinois, he picked UNC.

If Illinois wins, my friend wins the pot, ~$400.00.
    When UNC won, my friend dropped from 1st place to 8th place (no money).

Championship winner was worth 32 points.

Before the championship game, the two were tied in 1st with 111 total points.

So there was only a total possible no. of 144 pts going into the title game.