$!%$ www.CBSSportsline.com!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Apr 4, 2005.

1. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

I dislike weighted pools for that reason. I think it takes more knowledge to pick a Bucknell than to munch chalk and pick UNC. Gee, Carolina won! Who knew!

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

My angle was that Ill was a better TEAM, while UNC was a better group of individuals. According to that aphorism I had ILL winning it all, but I fell from 2nd to 13th and from $138 to $0 on the strength of that one ;)

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

This comment has been repeated every 20 seconds for the last week, and it makes no more sense now than it did before. Illinois passes more and sets better illegal screens. UNC scored more. UNC was the better team (comprised of better athletes.)

4. BB

BB Founding Member

Man, those moving screens looked more like blocking for a running back sweep - why were they letting them do that all game long?

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

My guess was that they wanted a close game, and if Illinois wasn't getting wide open looks, they would have lost by 20. Without Ingram moving on his screens, the UNC guys could get around 'em and get a hand in their face. I was stunned that they let a few of the worst ones go though.

6. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

Illegal screens and grabbing are the two items that must be addressed by the rules committee during the off-season. There's more contact in a Big 10 basketball game than any college football game and the rules, when enforced, do not allow it. The women's game is getting that way, too. The Temple-St. Joesph game should be the poster childer for poorly officated games. If the zebras let moving screens and hand checking go, undercutting and violent reactions follow.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I heard CBS was dating a young intern and got in Dan Rather's face on the bus demanding he resign. They also hired thugs like Andy Rooney and Ray Romano

8. mccoy1000

mccoy1000 Founding Member

Well, i guess the sportsline bracket manager that i just finished running was executed on rogue scripts and servers.