X-man runs 19.63!!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by freddy, Jul 11, 2006.

1. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Second fastest 200m of all time... seems to me Xavier made the right decision to turn pro.

2. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

He will get Johnsons record. Only a matter of time.

3. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

X-man will always be a Tiger in our hearts, and it looks like he will make us very proud.

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Apparently Xavier does not plan on focusing solely on track long term (beyond 2008). Check out this quote from an article:

> LINK <

6. LSUfreshman21

X-man said that his football years at LSU were done but not his career, so after the 2008 olympics he will be in that draft. Honestly I think his draft status will be a lot higher then if he just stayed at LSU. Teams will be all over him after he wins gold medals and has football experience. He is going to be a rich guy when this is all done.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Carter will already be a very rich man by next year. Heck, he's already rich in my book. But he won't get much richer when/if he signs an NFL contract unless he plays about 4 years and has some success. No way he'll be a first round draft choice and it wouldn't surprise me to see him last until the 4th or 5th round when he is draft eligible and drafed.

8. LSUfreshman21

If the Broncos gave Maurice Clarrett a shot in the NFL then teams will surely give X-man a shot. He will be one of the fastest guys in the world, and he has football experience. I see him going 4th round.

9. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

Are you kidding me? Clarrett, although he had some off field problems, was one of the best players in college football while at THE Ohio State University. Xavier, as much as I like him, was a reserve wide receiver on a team whose passing game underacheived. Track athletes try to play NFL football all the time and it almost never pans out. Being fast doesn't mean you'll be an elite football player. Who was the last track star to have a good NFL career? Bob Hayes? Can't think of too many others. Xavier would be extremely lucky to be taken in the 4th round. I wish him all the luck in the world though.

10. LSUfreshman21

Taking Maurice Clarrett was definately a risk. Nobody knew what MC was going to be after taking a couple years off from football. Also his combine times were really bad for a NFL rb. MC was slower, lost a lot of quickness, and gained too much muscle and weight. MC reminds me a lot of Vincent by the way because of their great freshman years and then both of them lost their quickness when they put on weight in the off season. Thats besides the point though because teams that are in desperate needs for a wr will pick Carter up, but your right not as early as the 4th round. However if the wr's that went in last years draft are the same as 2008, XC could very well go in the 4-5 round.