Xavier Carter Done With LSU Football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CajunPunk, Jun 20, 2006.

1. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

As a freshman, in 2004 against Auburn, he came out of the endzone on a kickoff return only to kneel on the one yard line. I was never more embarrassed, since Josh Booty. I think Addai was upset too. I remember him motioning to Carter to run and not kneel... ugh

2. Tiger_23

Tiger_23 Founding Member

It's time to get off X about football & just admire him for being the greatest track athlete in our illustrious history. The kid will most likely sign one of largest track endorsement contract ever. The numbers being thrown around on major track boards, he will make more than a lot of 1st round NFL draft picks. He was just a sophomore & I don't think we can determine what kind of football he would end up being since coach Miles had him in the doghouse last year.

3. Thorny

Thorny Founding Member

As I understand it, the Olympics have been open to professional track athletes for a long time. For example, Michael Johnson was famously endorsed by Nike when he ran the 200 and 400 in the Atlanta Olympics.

I fully understand why Carter is going pro and support his decision. He was a long way from seeing significant playing time at WR with all the talent in front of him. He has accomplished as much as he can individually on the collegiate track (He has no chance of beating Owens' record of 4 medals since X-man is not a long jumper). Why waste the talent now, when he could be in Beijing in 2008 and has a chance of being the next dominant sprinter.

He will have to get a lot faster in the 100 to really have a chance at gold in that event, but with the right coach and a strong dedication, he has the talent to make it happen. I wish him luck and will follow his career.

GEAUX TIGERS

4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Yeah, that was bad. Though, I think it was at Georgia.

5. Tiger_23

Tiger_23 Founding Member

Just thinking aloud; why not remember him for tying Jesse Owens 4 gold medals or being the 1st athlete to win the 100m & 400m at a NCAA championships. Or making an incredible play as a freshmen (67 yard TD) or making a huge KR to put us in position to score a game winning TD against Troy? Well anyways, good luck X!

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

It was at UGA and Addai was also at fault for not communicating to XC like he was supposed to until it was too late.

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I don't watch or pay attention to track.
    If I was into track I might've remembered that.

Funny, I was at the Troy game and all I remember is how we struggled to win
    the game like the way we did against Oregon State.
    I just didn't remember, I said I wasn't picking on him, it was just something I remember, all freshman make mistakes.
    Kinda like that Vikings player that ran the ball the wrong way.
    Weird things happen and thats what you remember most sometimes.

8. Tiger_23

Tiger_23 Founding Member

OK

9. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

It's official. Xavier Carter is now the biggest football recruiting bust in LSU history. 5 stars, top 5 receiver in the country, 9 total receptions. I called this five months ago.

http://tigerforums.com/showthread.php?t=35202&highlight=carter

10. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

This saying was never more appropriate:

Good luck, and GODSPEED.....

We'll miss ya, X-man.....

We barely knew ye....:bncry: