Y.A. Tittle

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsutygr69, Nov 9, 2013.

1. lsutygr69

lsutygr69 Founding Member

So here is my cool story for the day...

One of my daughters was playing in her volleyball championship game today in Menlo Park. Due to the game time and team dinner afterwards, my wife was not going to be able to bring me home so I elected to walk the 4 miles to Redwood City down El Camino Real. As I was walking down the road this silver volkswagen Passat pulls along side of me and asks if I would be willing to talk to them. It was an older gentleman (late 80s - early 90s) and a middle aged woman. I told them sure and they pulled onto the side of the road. The older gentleman asked me if I was an LSU fan and I said yes. The woman said they noticed my purple and gold LSU shirt and that is why they stopped. He asked me what I was doing out here in California so I told him my story about living in Louisiana and Alabama then moving here. After I finished he asked me my name. When I told him he introduced himself as Y.A. Tittle. I did not take him seriously so I half laughed and kept talking. He proceeded to pull off his hall of fame ring and show it to me. Sure as shit had his name on side but I was still skeptical. I asked him if he gets back to Baton Rouge often and he said it had been about three years. Said he was going back for the Texas A&M game on the 23rd. Anyway we wrapped up our conversation and they drove off.

Since I was still doubting who he was, I decided to goggle him and it sure as hell was him. There is was a few pictures of him as he has aged. Makes me kick myself in the ass for not snapping a picture of myself with him on the side of the road. Who would have ever thought the first LSU "fan" I talked to out here in California was the legendary Y.A. Tittle. Thought it was a cool story and something that made my day today.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yeah boy did you ever miss a great opportunity for a legendary picture.

I woulda been "yeah right, I'm Bert Jones"

MLUTiger likes this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Great story, you should have asked him for a ride.

4. lsutygr69

Yea I should have asked him.

5. lsutygr69

Another bright point of today is that I won't have to make the walk from Menlo Park to Redwood City part of any traditions since we got our asses handed to us.

6. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

No picture = didn't happen.