Yall should read UK fans opinions of Dale Brown

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by -T-, Feb 15, 2003.

1. -T-

-T- Founding Member

2. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Not all those comments are exactly positive about his coaching abilities. They seem to like the fact that he was a character, but I never liked that about him. I always wished he was a better basketball coach. I am still amazed that we had Shaq for three years and never made it passed the second round in the NCAA tournament. Dale could motivate overachievers but he was never a great coach.
    Dale did do a lot for LSU basketball and he was a player's coach, but to be honest I always kind of agreed with Bobby Knight's assessments of Dale's abilities. Dale also left the program in poor shape - 4 losing seasons in a row and on probation. He should have left when Shaq left.

3. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

Have to admit though...

NCAA BBall was a lot more fun with the likes of Dale Brown, Wimp Sanderson and the other "characters" who used to prowl the sidelines a few years back. The college game is in awful shape these days IMV. It's hard to get too excited about it except for at F4 time, and even that isn't the thrill it used to be. A really bigtime program at LSU would get me going, but I'm afraid that I'll never be the basketball fan I once was.

It would be nice to find out if I could be though.