Yarno leaving / Haribson to Admin role

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dallastigers, Jan 6, 2003.

1. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Yarno's departure doesn't surprise me. The offensive line has underperformed and Nick can't be happy about it. There are loads of talent on this line and depth as well, with several high school ALL Americans aboard. Yet they did not dominate anybody this year and were manhandled a couple of times. All year long they were guilty of numerous penalties. It's basic to be able to count to "hut two".

I haven't heard Yarno's name mentioned involving any top recruits either. The paper says he left the team to seek employment closer to his home in Idaho. If he left without already having another job, then he was let go.

Harbisons wife is seriously ill and it appears to be a humanitarian gesture by Saban to move him to an administrative position. He just couldn't do the traveling involved in recruiting and coaching right now. By keeping him in the football program, Saban has provided him with income at an important time and possibly, if her health improves, Harbison could return in a coaching position in the future.

3. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

That's what I have heard as well.

4. WF TIGER

WF TIGER Founding Member

Dandy Don reported that LSU, that is Saban, will interview two people for Haribson position today. Any idea who they are, any names floating around out there?