"Yelium", Offense and Other F'ng Ramblings

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hub, Jan 5, 2003.

1. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Clark Kellogg wants to be the African American version of Vitale so bad he has to come up with crap like Yelium. For those who didn't see it....."Yelium" was in reference to Duprees ability to jump. "Y" for yeast b/c it rises and "elium" for Helium b/c it floats. Dumbest thing I've heard.

As for the game...boy we shot lights out and played defense like I never want to see again. I still think the tigers can be good but jeez you get down by twenty and you're still runnin set plays......SHOOT THE FUCKIN BALL......couldn't of done any worse except make it 30.....it truly seemed like the guys gave up and just wanted to get out of there. Granted Georgia played lights out but shit you can't just quit. Cramming the ball inside works when you're down by 10-15 but not 20-25...open it up....who cares if you miss the shots.....you did anyway.

These guys have to get more consistent....this good/bad/good/bad play has to stop. If you're going anywhere Brady has to get it in order.

Although TUWho will be calling for Brady's head today he's got this program going right. I do have to get on him with something that TUWho will eat up. There is no excuse for LSU to be playing there 1st road game of the season in SEC play....that's pathetic. yes they have played games on the road so far this year but they were at neutral sites.......aTm in Houston and Jewlane in the NO Center.....no excuse for that.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

We'll get 'em in the PMAC. Nobody is going to have much success on the road in the SEC this year. Georgia's got a good team. I'd just as soon get blown out as lose at the buzzer.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The guy won't hit 7 for 7 three-pointers every game. It's hard to win on the road in the SEC.

4. -T-

-T- Founding Member

we've talked on here before about these things. lsu cannot have their first true road game be the sec opener. brady must start scheduling preconference, tough road games to preepare the team. the tigers even lost their first 2 true road games(both sec) because they were not prepared.

5. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Geez that game was a drag to watch from about 10 minutes to go in the 2nd half. I think that alot of teams will be watching this tape and LSU will be seeing alot of zone in the weeks to come until they prove they can beat it. That was one thing that disappointed me alot about today was that we couldn't figure the zone out even after seeing it for most of the game. Hopefully, Brady will work on it in practice and have something else to do against it besides an alley-oop to Dupree. And Georgia looks like they are for real with 3 straight wins vs top 25 teams.

Another major thing that burned me was Channel freaking 9 showing a bunch of idiots talking the football game. Deion Sanders and Shannon Sharpe are both dumbasses. I wish Deion would have got picked up by the Raiders just so we don't have to listen to his yapping. But I guess some other people noticed too because the phone lines were busy when I tried to call and complain.

6. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

That burned me up too Mike. I didn't want to see a bunch of talking heads rehash the Steelers/Browns game, I wanted to see Bball! I hope CBS got enough complaints from Tigers and Dawgs fans to make sure that NEVER happens again.

7. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

The worst things are...

1. Everyone that is an NFL football fan had already turned to Fox to watch the NFC game. No one who cared even watched the post game show.

2. I think that anyone that was watching the LSU vs UGA game at that point in the game couldn't have cared less about Villanova vs whoever no matter what the circumstances. They should have just left LSU/UGA on. Stupid. They just pissed of the die hard SEC fans that were still watching (everyone else watched the football game).

Two very poor decisions by CBS.

8. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Clark Kellogg is an idioron.