Yesterday....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 10, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It really is amazing how many times LSU games have been decided on the last play in the last decade.

2. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I was working at a restaurant at the time. I didn't even watch college football at the time. I didn't start watching LSU athletics until 2003 when I moved to Knoxville. All the orange made me turn to purple and gold out of rebellion, I guess. This guy starts screaming at the top of his lungs and I was like, "what the hell is going on?" I didn't put two and two together until I saw what happened on ESPN later that night when I got off. I'll never forget it and, again, I wasn't even an LSU (or college sports for that matter) fan at the time.

3. kjun4LSU

kjun4LSU Founding Member

Another game I can think of that had a similar effect on me for a number of reasons was Miles first as HC and moved to Tempe, AZ because of Katrina. LSU pulled out the win over Arizona St. with 1:13 remaining on a TD pass from Russell to Doucet. I was alone in a motel room in Pineville, La., there to deal with a number of issues with my Grandma who lived nearby. Up to that point I was in a real funk. Oh how a Tiger victory can make things seem better. :tigerhead

4. Gold Nugget

Gold Nugget Veteran Member

Well, 26 years ago today we beat Alabama at Legion Field 16-14 ensuring their first losing season since 1957. Game was in a driving rainstorm for a while and a tornado warning symbol was on the scoreboard at halftime.

5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

What does that matter? Everyone knows Jack Hunt caught that hail mary pass.

At the time, I was so pissed off that we were going to lose that game that I was ranting and raving in my house. My girlfriend and I were about to leave to go somewhere and she made the mistake of telling me that there was still time on the clock and it wasn't over. I went on a minute long rant about how it didn't matter because we were on our own 25 and even if we caught the hail mary, we would still have to advance it 20 yards to the end zone. I succinctly explained to her that it had never happened before that someone advanced a hail mary and it we sure as hell weren't going to be the first to do it.

Man what a play!

6. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

OH MY goodness that has got to be one of the best"picture is worth a thousand words" moments I have ever run across!!

7. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

What are you talking about.......Jack Hunt caught the hailmary pass???

8. DJM136

DJM136 fubar 24/7

According to Jim Hawthorne, yes.

9. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Same thing happened to me with the Tom Dempsey field goal for the Saints so many years ago. My friends dad likes to get a little jump on the traffic and Detroit had just taken the lead. So we left. :shock:

10. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

A number of people have recently come forward and reported seeing Nick Saban, just before the Bluegrass Miracle, eating grass.

You don't suppose that Les Miles is winning with Saban's grass?