Yesterday....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 10, 2010.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

It's a good thing we didn't need some lucky, black magic, miraculous play to pull out that game. Oh wait we did didn't we. Wait a minute, that can't be Miles wasn't the coach then and only he has that kinda luck. Was he somehow channeled into Saban, giving LSU a preview of what he would bring to the table when he did become the HC? That's the ticket. :wave:

2. DoctorDave

DoctorDave Guest

There was no one at my house when that play occurred, so I ran outside and screamed for 10 seconds or so to let whomever could hear me know that something big had happened.

3. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

OMG -- I was so pissed after both of those losses, especially the Arky game that year when Saban's "vaunted" D let Matt Jones beat them on a hail mary. Then of course the blown coverage vs Iowa... It certainly happens to everyone.

:geauxtige

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Herb? Dude you're one coach and several QBs off. Marcus Randle threw the Bluegrass Miracle. :hihi:

I was cooking hamburgers at a Cub Scout campout. Had a radio on, and there was one guy camping in an RV, watching it on TV about 50 yards away. When The Play happened, the other cooks and I dropped spatulas and ran for the TV.

A lot of Cub Scouts got well done burgers that night.

My family and I almost did the same thing for the Dempsey FG (40th anniversary of that kick was this past Monday, BTW). However, we stopped at the top of the aisle and watched. We were in the end zone away from the kick. Still have a pretty good memory of that, and I was only 7 at the time.

5. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

lol.....WOW MY BAD, that was a huge time spand. I knew it was randall....don't know why I said herb tyler!! Thanks for pointing that out.

6. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

lol...true.....poor old Hawthorne....he drives me nuts some times with his calls.....thinking there big plays ...turns out he just gets back to the line of scrimage....or especially in baseball.....how many times I think it's a longball gone....but yet the outfielder catches it short of the warning track!!

7. Gold Nugget

Gold Nugget Veteran Member

Hawthorne continues to be unfairly picked on for the "Jack Hunt" call. At least he said LSU scored and won.

Former Tennessee play by play guy John Ward who has been regarded as one of the SEC's best ever completely butchered the end of Tennessee's win over Notre Dame in 1991 decided on the last play of the game. Tennessee led 35-34 and Notre Dame attempted a rather short field goal with :04 left for the win.

"Rob Leonard is kicking for Notre Dame. The kick is up and its good......no its NO GOOD. THE KICK IS NO GOOD".