Yet another disturbing theme

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rouxleaux, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

I sat and watched the Iowa game yesterday and again felt dread with half time approaching. Yes we were up and for all intensive purposes we didn't look to bad. We were running all over them and our D was showing up. Then I thought I hope miles isn't going to just keep doing what we are doing with no fall back plan in place in case Iowa makes 2nd half adjustments and they start slowing us down. Well guess what same thing happened with the gumps, same thing with clemson last year in that bowl game, and lets not fool ourselves the same thing almost happened against the war chickens this year. Miles does not make 2nd have adjustments! What is the problem. You know the opposing team is making changes, especially if things are going against them. Just common sense would warrant we need to have some changes in place as well. The worst example of this was the nc a couple of years ago when we had the same exact game plan we had against the gumps when we beat them in their house. You know they were going to be ready for what we did and game plan accordingly. Even more maddening miles didn't change his game plan at half time then either.

Richdog likes this.
  2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Glad you live your life in dread instead of me. I enjoyed the win and am anticipating a great future.

DarkHornet, Winston1, KyleK and 6 others like this.
  3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

"Intents and purposes".

So where, exactly, was the problem that needed correcting?

What are you so damn mad about? Did we lose the game? Iowa was only ever in the game because of the pick and long KO return. Also remember that the refs gifted them back two turnovers. Again, I'm not seeing the problem with the coaching. We built our game plan around a green QB and played lights-out defense. What would you have done differently?

4. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

After that horrendous INT, I understood exactly why we were running so much.

That, and the fact that it was working and Iowa's offense stinks.

5. Contained Chaos

We actually started opening it up a bit on that drive. The sick catch by Odell, then an underthrown deep pass to Landry...then I think that's when the pick came.

6. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

for all intents and purposes

edit: i see @Contained Chaos already beat me to it.

StaceyO and Contained Chaos like this.
  7. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

My only issue with the game was us letting Iowa hang around. I really wish we could have put a little more distance between us and them.

8. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

Four straight 10-win seasons. I am not disturbed.

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Really a simple game plan, too easy. What good would it have done to venture far from it.

The officials were bad, ok, beyond bad. My thinking on this, they are not use to the speed in the SEC. After having watch most of the bowl games, the SEC have looked the best, the game has slowed down for them with the other teams.

10. Contained Chaos

Remember that one drive where we stopped them on 3rd & short and the refs couldn't figure out the down? We had almost the exact same thing happen in the CapOne bowl after the 2009 season. How pathetic. That's the most basic part of your job as a ref. I'm pretty sure even Ritter couldn't fuck that one up.

didit, StaceyO and LSUDad like this.