Yet more proof of global warming

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tom, Jan 4, 2003.

1. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Source of this story is AP (the real AP, not Faux News as one person on this board seems to want to misrepresent as the AP on occasion) and was in Thursday's Dallas Morning News. Two studies both appearing in the journal Nature state that species are moving their habitats more northward in the Northern Hemisphere to adjust to the warming climate around the world. "These papers are conclusive evidence that the natural world is already responding in a big way to climate change, although the change has just got going and there is a lot more to come", Dr Fitter said. A United Nations study has already predicted that global warming will result in temperatures as much as 10 degrees Farenheit higher over the next century. Working independently, two research teams reviewed hundreds of papers documenting plant and animal changes believed caused by human activated global warming. Both teams found the "fingerprints" of human caused global warming on the changes in habitat of plants and animals.

Other scientists said the two studies just confirm what retreating glaciers, warming temperatures in the oceans, shrinking snow packs, and other indicators have already shown. Besides the migration of animal species to more northern habitats in the Northern Hemisphere, plants have extended their initial blooming cycles days earlier in the spring. Stanford University scientists have studies more than 1400 plant and animal species and found that over 80% of them have undergone habitat or behavirol changes related to global warming.

Of course, we haven't heard from the bribed dimwit Sapling who I'm sure will say that Stanford is participating in pseudo science. I'm also sure he will have his prepared statement from the polluters that contribute money to his campaign LYING to the American people as to the lack of proof of global warming.

2. Tom

Tom Founding Member

No, actually it has been proven that MOST effects of the warmup are man-made

Also, the reason the rightist wingnuts don't want to admit what the VAST MAJORITY of Americans (scientists or otherwise) know that the warmup is caused by gasses artificially emitted due to global industrialization. Of course, I know you guys will never admit to anything since although you talk a lot about "personal responsibility", you and your corporate whore friends have made a living out of cutting corners environmentally and otherwise to turn an unscrupulous profit. After all, the EPA Superfund made a living trying to clean up the messes left by corporations that SWORE up and down they were doing no one, no harm. I guess you believe Love Canal for example is just a figment of everyones' imagination. Anyway, now that scientific measurements are becoming more prevalent about global warming and why it is occuring, you guys better dream up another set of lies to try to cover your tracks. Just don't try to scam people with the "personal responsibility" one -- even the most stupid and most gullible don't buy that crap anymore.

3. LSUMJ

LSUMJ Founding Member

what about the babies body? the one that has a heartbeat, moves on its own, takes nourishment, breathes and has brain activity?
    oh wait, they arent alive though right

4. LSUMJ

LSUMJ Founding Member

tom genuis
    yes or no
    did i not admit my mistake that day?

will you also admit you are the biggest (Tuwho edited) in dallas for refusing to take the ref test

5. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

Umm.....

I protest this language.....(the V-bomb is just plain sad)....

And this canine's chasing of tires.....

Put him to sleep Twho.....

6. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Major Jerk, I will admit you are a compulsive liar

>>what about the babies body? the one that has a heartbeat, moves on its own, takes nourishment, breathes and has brain activity? oh wait, they arent alive though right

Would you like to bet on an embryo being able to live outside the mother's womb. In the first trimester which is when the vast, vast majority of abortions are performed, the embryo is not defined as a living being. Oh, and BTW, IF your entire point is a heartbeat, moves on its own, take nourishment, etc. then why do your HYPOCRITICAL elephant mens' party oppose RU=486, the morning after pill. Certainly, you don't believe all that is happening the next day after sex, do you? Ooooooppppppssss, I guess I just showed your total lack of an argument, didn't I?

>>yes or no did i not admit my mistake that day?

No, actually, I had to point it out MULTIPLE times before you quit crawfishing. I will also point out you NEVER admitted you lied about me saying the British were embarassed in the Falklands, that I have never lied thousands of times as you claim, and that MLM are scam operations on the elderly (both parts of that statement yet another lie). So here is an admission that is gospel -- you are a compulsive liar that loses every debate because you have no facts behind you, but instead put forth hypocritical arguments.

7. LSUMJ

LSUMJ Founding Member

1. what did you disprove? i feel life begins at conception.
    2. a. wrong, the first time it was pointed out io admitted it, though you posts it every other day
    b. never said that
    c. mlms arent scams, pyramids are. and yes we know the difference. you saying the difference doesnt make yours not one
    d. you have lied thousands of times, you saying i took repeated posts to admit the fox thing is another one of them

8. Tom

Tom Founding Member

>>1. what did you disprove? i feel life begins at conception.

No, your main point was about a heartbeat, has mobility, takes nourishment, etc. By NO ONE'S CLAIM is that happening the morning after sex, thus I don't blame you for not addressing the point. You lost because you could not come up with a reason for opposing RU-486.

And you have NEVER admitted you LIED about what I said regarding the British and the Falklands. And someone on that board was kind enough to requote my original message and your response and it showed you lied. Then, you weren't even man enough to admit it. You also have not been man enough to admit that "thousands of lies" is also libel on your part as is "someone capitalizing every other word" is also a LIE. Major Liar, you are just like Trent Lott. He wasn't sorry he said the things he did, he was just sorry he got caught saying it.

Your statement earlier regarding how people in MLM's making money shows me you don't understand business at all. People selling Amway products or Mary Kay Cosmetics make money exactly the same way the retailers do in the original transaction. They buy the product from the company for less than they sell it for. Might want to take a Business 101 course, junior, because you obviously don't have a clue how Walmart makes money if you don't understand that concept.

>>d. you have lied thousands of times, you saying i took repeated posts to admit the fox thing is another one of them

Yet another LIE, Major Jerk -- no one is gullible enough to believe I have lied "thousands of times". As I've said, I have never lied on this or any other board, but they you don't burden your posts with the truth, so I don't give a damn what you "count" of lies would be. After all, you aren't even bright enough to know how businesses make money in this country if you can't understand how MLM participants make money.

You just got wiped all over the board again, but then again, what is new about that, huh?

9. LSUMJ

LSUMJ Founding Member

"You lost because you could not come up with a reason for opposing RU-486."
    how exaclty? i stated i feel life begins at conception. the post i made about heartbeats, etc has nothing to do with it.

2. never admitted it because i didnt say it

"As I've said, I have never lied on this or any other board"
    maybe the funniest thing ive ever read

10. JD

JD Founding Member

Then the Saint's a lefty because you hate freedom, hate capitalism, but believe in helsmley/confederate economics by which workers finance this country, pay the taxes and the tax dollars are transferred to corporations.
    If a corporation pollutes, they should clean it up. Period. Except in the eyes of the far right wing that believes either a)it shouldn't be cleaned up or b)the average taxpayer should pay for it.
    N Korea needs you - you agree point for point with their philosophy.