You are a little cocky

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Beaver, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

He's athletic and he's got a good arm. He has a tendancy to throw the ball down a bit, but he led us half of the season in 2002 after Mauck went down. He's started SEC games on the road and started the Cotton Bowl where he picked apart Texas in the first half. He's fast and he's had time to study our offense. That plus previous experience makes him dangerous.

When and if he takes a seat, we've got a 40mm cannon with legs waiting on the side line.

2. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Where you at Lurkin Beavers?

I see 25 lurkers on the bottom.............................what you waitin for, join the damn forum, don't be scared. Come be an active participant here and get some of this. It aint that bad. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

What is this? 7th in pass defense, 4th in rush....that would have made them #1 in the country in defense....and they were not even close

Try #9 in rush
    Try #47 in pass

#12 overall

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Mark my word, you will be happy just knowing your QB survived the game without a major injury....and he will too.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

all those pics I post dont really do nothing for me but for some reason that black and white deal is quite intriguing. heh

6. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

pac 10 defensive stats can be misleading... most of them rank well against the run and lower against the pass because it is a pass-first conference. Pac-10 defenses arent used to playing teams that rush 40 times a game. They'll see that and more against LSU.

As far as stacking against the run... just look at our speed at WR. Give us one-on-one and you give us 6.

7. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Number 4 in the rush defense as per - http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/national rankings/IA_teamrushdef.html

Number 37 against the pass (Was confused with total defense, My bad....) as per - http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/national rankings/IA_teampassdef.html

Number 7 Total Defense as per - http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/national rankings/IA_teamtotdef.html

That's where I got that info from....

Geaux Tigers!

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Tell your QB to not watch the tapes of the Georgia games and the Ole Miss game and whatever he does don't talk to David Green or Eli Manning. After all you do want him to show up for the game. If your QB is as good as you say he will be smart enough to take the sacks and to throw the ball away when he can and your punter will have a busy night. If he tries to force the ball into LSU's coverage your punter won't get on the field very much because Webster, Daniels, Landry and crew will get a few interceptions.

Look for the LSU offense to make a few first game mistakes with a drive killing motion or holding penalty or two in the first quarter but by the middle of the second quarter the OSU defense will be an easily movable object facing an irresistable force. Look for the MVP of the SECCG and the Sugar Bowl to pick up where he left off. If Justin Vincent dosen't rush for 150+ yards it will be because he will spend the majority of the second half on the bench after the game is clinched.

If you are coming to Baton Rouge for the game don't let the fact that your team will be dominated by one of the elite football teams in America stop you from having a great time. No matter what you might have heard nobody is going to boil your grandmother in a vat of urine or chop up your children as a jambalaya ingredient. OK, I won't but somebody might.

We are not cocky. We a supremely confident. We are now what Miami, Florida State and Nebraska were in the 80's and 90's. We are what USC wishes they were but won't admit they're not. We are everything that Notre Dame is cracked up to be by their delusional fans and media mouthpieces. Nick Saban got to be the highest paid coach in college football the old fashioned way - He earned it. Nick Saban will not rest on his laurels as the coach of the defending National Champions. He will have the team prepared to approach this game as the most important game of the season, which it is because its the game they play that week. They will not be looking ahead to the next weeks game against Arkansas State.

One more thing. Gametime temperature is likely to be in the 90's with over 90% humidity. You will begin to realize just how badly the combination of heat and humidity saps your strenght and even your will to live during your short walk from your air conditioned car to your air conditioned hotel. Our guys practice and live under these conditions every day. Your teams player's will fly into town the Friday before the game and have about 30 or less hours to become acclimated to the living hell of our sweltering summer weather.

9. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Bengal B, that's some hilarious shizzle, bro' ..... :grin: :D :rofl:

10. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

It would not surprise me if their D gave us some fits, mainly in the first quarter.
    Being both teams first game early mistakes on O will happen and could be costly
    to each team. I think our D will carry us in the early first part and we will start moving the ball better in the second quarter and on.
    To all OSU fans, we are just fired up to get the season started after winning a National Title last year. I don't think anyone disrespects your team we are just fired up about ours. :thumb: