You are a little cocky

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Beaver, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Shadeauxcaster

Shadeauxcaster Founding Member

One of my favorite LSU T-shirts, old now, is from an LSU/Ole Miss week, and says to the Rebels

"We Ain't Cocky" on the front, and on the back
    "We're Just Better Than You"

THAT'S COCKY! LOL

Beaver's, I have been a Tiger Fan a long Time, all my life, and I truly cannot remember an Out of Conference team since Florida State long ago, or the 79 USC team that was #1, that has gotten the attention and respect from Tiger Fans that OSU has. Everything that has been written in the papers warns that this is no pushover team. For every wild-eyed internet message board post predicting a Tiger Blow-Out there is another from a Tiger Fan saying "Not so fast...".

The Washington teams of Don James, highly ranked teams, to my memory did not get the nods of respect that the Beavers have gotten in TigerLand.

The fact is we have watched Nick Saban build teams that are really, really good. At the same time he has been accumulating talent that is freaking insane,, just this week a 4 star safety was TURNED AWAY because we just dont have room for him.

The Sleeping Giant that we all knew was here has been awakened, kicked in the Ass, and turned loose. And this is just the beginning of it, mark it down, Saban is not going anywhere. He has found just what he was looking for(maybe beyond his wildest dreams as well) and the party is just getting started at LSU.

That doesn't mean the Beavers can't come in here and knock the Tigers off. All the talent in the world a team does not make. Focus and Execution still has to be there, and bad fortune seems to hang around in their absence. And it is the first game of the Season.

Fact is, when you SlapTails nutted up and agreed to come to Tiger Stadium when no one else (Everyone, USC too, was sent an invitation) would, you gathered a HUGE amount of respect and admiration in TigerLand.

What you should be concerned about is that now you will be on the National Stage, First full weekend of College Football for a Football starved country, on Gameday, and all eyes will be Watching. Oregon, Washington, and USC may disrespect you, but LSU doesnt. The Tigers will be READY, and the Beavers are going to have to play SmashMouth football in Tiger Stadium in front of the Football World. They better be ready too, because the poo-pooing of Tiger Stadium will cease September 4, at 5:00 pm for the Beavers who run out of the Gate into the Valley.

I think they will be ready and we are going to see a really good football game from a game OSU team. I think our depth is going to wear the Beavers down, and it is unfortunate for Derek Anderson that this years Beaver Offensive line has a couple of weak spots. I don't think that is cocky.

Here's to a Good Game, with nobody hurt, and I hope you don't lose a game after September 4, and go to the Rose Bowl.

GEAUX TIGERS!

2. inNickwetrust

inNickwetrust Founding Member

i know there are many cocky posts but are you sure you have enough speed to match a quarterback that runs a 4.5 in the forty a stable of running backs one with vision like emmit, one with power like the bus, one shifty and one of the best 3rd down back s in the sec,are the beavs ready to take on probobly the most talented wide receivers ever at lsu on are you sure your beavers can handle the best center in america, a 6 foot seven left tackle in his third year starting, a right tackle that made you ask 5 or 6 times during the sugar bowl where is tommie harris? your beavers offensive line, are they ready for one of the best defensive ends in america, a defensive tackle that ran step for step with justin vincent, are the beavs ready for 3 linebackers faster and quicker than most running backs outside the sec, is derek anderson ready for the best defensive backfield in the country, are the special teams ready for an all america returning kicks o i forgot one thing, the best coach/ game planner/ motivator in college football, one of the most intimidating environments in america with 91,000 crazy tiger fans, not too be cocky but i think if lsu had too much speed for oklahoma last year, no disrespect to oregon state but i think it will be a lopsided score because there is no way yall can match lsu's talent speed and coaching

3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

That's open for debate. I would say you guys had one of the best in the nation but I'd still take Caddy Williams and maybe JV over yours.

4. Shadeauxcaster

Shadeauxcaster Founding Member

There is a highlight film posted on some of the Beaver Boards that shows that Jackson was indeed a load and a good back. Like you I don't know that he was the best, but like Bum said about Earl It wouldn't take long to call the roll.

5. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Jackson was good indeed(good speed). He was definitely top 5, but I'm not so sure he was the clear #1 back in the nation.