You can book it:

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Sep 20, 2003.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

While we're on the subject, look for the Seminoles to jump over LSU as well, despite the fact that the team they beat (NC) is about a thousand times worse than Georgia. We really don't need any more evidence that Trev Alberts is an idiot, but he had FSU as his #5 team this morning. The consensus is that Oklahoma is several notches above everyone else based upon their win over UCLA, who would be #4 in the MAC. How would you like to have their special teams coach on your team? Dude returns 2 punts for TDs and he kicks to him again.

2. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

I believe the Tigers & the Hogs are better than Tennessee. Florida State still has to prove itself IMO.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I don't care if we move up. The longer we can fly under the radar the better. Georgia underestimated this Tiger team. I want Bama, Florida, Auburn, and Arkansas to underestimate them to.

4. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Soviet, I actually do agree with you on UT.

5. SovietGator

SovietGator Founding Member

Southlink,

Allright, we agree on something! :D

red55,

Florida won't underestimate LSU, TRUST me. You will be playing the worst Florida team in 14 years. When you beat our a$$es again in 2 weeks, just remember it's not a Spurrier coached team you're beating.

If you guys wanna a read a very enlightening post on Florida's horrible offense, and it's not because of Zaunbrecher, read this very insightful post,

http://www.gatorcountry.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=86846&forum=1&start=0

6. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Looks like the Tigers have ended up at #7 in both polls. No team that was ranked below us before the game has moved ahead of us. I think the national media and all the coaches are impressed with Saban and know the Tigers are the real deal this year.

7. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

We were actually closer to leapfrogging FSU than Tennessee was to leapfrogging us.

8. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Look, I've been saying this for 2 weeks now and will continue to say it:

IF we take care of business and head to Atlanta 12-0 and IF we face a 12-0 Tenn team and beat them, there is Z-E-R-O chance we are ranked any lower than 2 in the post-conference championship/pre-bowl BCS rankings.

C'mon, now, the SEC has at least 5 teams in the top 25 each week, ALL of whom (Fla, Ga., Ark, South Carolina, Auburn--yes, they'll get back in--and Tenn) we will play (assume Tenn wins the East).

To not get in with a 13-0 record which includes a 5-0 or 6-0 record over the top 25 or 30 teams in the country is inconceiveable.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Do you think that if Oklahoma, Miami and (insert team name here) are all undefeated that OU and UM won't be 1-2? Don't be naive my friend.

10. SovietGator

SovietGator Founding Member

LSU, Oklahoma, FSU, and USC will ALL finish undefeated.

Voter and media favoritism and biased voting/reporting affects the polls/rankings. Out of those 4 teams who do the voters and media love? Who has the most modern age tradition and success?

Oklahoma and FSU followed by USC then LSU.

Tennessee will not be 12-0 in December.

Florida is #25 right now, they won't be ranked in 2 weeks when we play LSU. We will be extremely lucky to get by Ole Piss and UK. Don't forget Ole Piss beat us last year.

There will be a HUGE monkey wrench thrown into the BCS System this season. ;)