You CAN'T Blame Miles...........

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Geekboy, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Geekboy

Geekboy Founding Member

for the Russell fumble at the one..........the Doucet muff fumble for the safety....the other muff fumble on the kick........etc.

It was a comedy of ridiculous errors and you can't blame the coaching staff!

I've never been a Miles fan from the beginning but it's NOT HIS FAULT!

Saban had numerous bonehead plays by our past teams.

The BIGGEST problem is Russell's inability to check off his main receivers!

That's his only weakness. He has countless open secondary receivers in this game and he just can't check off to them. Russell is a very good quarterback except in this area. If he learns to look to his secondary and third open receivers he would be completely UNBEATABLE. I do blame the coaching staff for not BEATING this into his head!!!

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

the team wasnt mentally focused enough to do these things so it is coaching to an extent. but yes, it really lies with the players who it seems do not fear for their jobs.

if you arent out there giving 100 % on every play thinking if you dont you could be pulled you wont be focused. these guys need the fear of god in them on every play instead of this pat on the ass SHIITE i see after total meltdown plays. hell, my pee wee football coach chewed our asses out. you certainly cant be everyones best friend at this level.

thats the one gripe i have with what I saw. players didnt have the intensity I saw in every game leading up to this once the wheels fell off. phuck that, get out there and bust ass til you hear a whistle or I will find someone else who will.

p.s. hester, as much i like to pick on as a running joke, busted his ass even late in the 4th. I cant say the same for all the rest.

3. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

I can blame him all day long for not having his team ready. As I mentioned elsewhere, all you have to do is look at the first UF offensive series. Pass, pass, pass. Caught LSU so off-guard to start the game, it was obvious. A turnover bailed the Tigers out at that point of the game.

Once the team started to commit errors on the field, it is my belief that they lost their composure, which lead to more errors. All of this, taken together, is a coaching problem.

Do I want to fire Miles today? Of course not, but we are getting a strong sense of what kind of coach we have. And he is probably not the kind to get us back to the BCS anytime soon. Just sayin'

Why would anyone defend Miles? It's not like any of us have a personal attachment to him, and it is not like he has done anything for us to date. All he is done is collect his $1.25 mill per year so far and given us some solid teams, but not BCS teams.

4. UF96NC

UF96NC Founding Member

Just my take on things. Miles won big games last year and he will win big games this year. He will probably not win 40 in a row and back to back NC's. He isn't at USC :yelwink2: . But you guys would be tickled if he had replaced Dinardo
    and had the success that you now have. Wait till he loses to MSU (zook), and your team loses 5 games every year (zook). We were spoiled under Spurrier and it's a good thing Zook took his place because we would be bitching about Meyer not hanging a half a hundred on you guys. Richt did some stupid **** his first couple of years but he has been pretty good. There are some good coaches out there but nobody wants to replace a legend or a coach who was fired for winning 9 games and going to a bowl. Zook needed time to hang himself. He's doing great in Illinois though :lol: .

http://mb30.scout.com/fillinoisinsiderfrm3.showMessage?topicID=16042.topic

5. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Why is it you get this "Strong sense of what kind of Coach we have" only after a Loss? Why didn't you get this Stong Sense when we Beat #3 Bama on the Road last year, or when we were handing Miami thier worst Bowl Loss ever? Interesting..

Why Defend Miles?

#1) "Recruiting". We need players who can come in and make a difference, specifically on the OL. Miles signed 4 very good OL last year, but we need to sign Offensive Tackles badly.

#2) Please list any coach who finished in the Top 5 last year who made only 1.25 Mill per year.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Thank you for that objective assessment. You're right, of course. Florida flat-out outplayed us in every aspect yesterday. And yes, we're lightyears ahead of where we were just ten years ago.

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

When will Miles actually stop patting guys on the butt, saying. What happened, and go get them next time. after yet another bone head play.

Why is Chevis Jackson still fielding punts ???

Why does Less Smiles just smile and say "Its O.K" when a player screws up.

Saban would come unglued, sure some players didnt like him, but Miles "I am everyones friend" and I have no fire is great but when your team needs focus and dicipline this is what happens.

UF is a great team, but lets face it LSU did all they could to lose that game. 6 turnovers, on the road ??? You lose I dont care if your playing Miss State.

8. RaginTiger

RaginTiger Freshman

You people talk about how he can't get his players motivated for the big games. What about the players themselves? A coach can yell till he's blue in the face for the players to get motivated, but if they don't listen then how can he control it. As a player, it shouldn't take a coach to tell you that a game against an undefeated Florida team, after Auburn looses, is a huge game. You should be jacked up on your own. These players had no energy yesterday, they played scared.
    Also in the SEC, the norm is 1-3 losses every year. It is by far the toughest conference to play in. Prime example is Auburn, they lost to arkansas by 17, but im pretty sure they will come back and hand it to florida. In this league it is very hard to go undefeated.

9. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Saban use to say u have to play the game for 60 minutes.
    Can you honestly say this team has played the AU and Fla games for 60 minutes.

Sure looked like we really played the Fla game up until the "fumble" on the
    goal line.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

That point about lacking energy yesterday is true. I noticed it when we came out onto the field. We looked flat, and I became extremely worried when Florida took the ball and passed it down the field at will on their first possession, until they fumbled.

It was not unlike how flat LSU came out against UCLA in the Final Four. Inexplicable, but it happens in sports all the time.